Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Cent Browser 1.9.10.43(for Windows) Released
Hi,
There is still the same bug as the last version. Im using google.se as my default search engine, but now if i search something, it always use google.com and that is annoying.
(05-15-2016, 03:43 AM)Juujika Wrote: Hi,
There is still the same bug as the last version. Im using google.se as my default search engine, but now if i search something, it always use google.com and that is annoying.

Are you referring to location bar or new tab search box?
If the latter, that is because we write URL directly in HTML file, so it can't be changed.
But as I know, Google can redirect based on your locale.

May you check your language order in "Languages and input settings"?
If Swedish is not on top, you can drag it to the top.
This is your language preference list that browser will tell the server.
(05-16-2016, 01:43 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Are you referring to location bar or new tab search box?
May you check your language order in "Languages and input settings"?
If Swedish is not on top, you can drag it to the top.
This is your language preference list that browser will tell the server.

I always use location bar to search and it did work earlier.
Swedish is now on the top, but still i get google.com. I havent changed anything so it must have been at the bottom earlier and the search did work couple version ago.
I checked my Windows locale settings and those are ok.
Even if i look my settings from google options, svenska is selected in there too.
(05-16-2016, 10:53 PM)Juujika Wrote: I always use location bar to search and it did work earlier.
Swedish is now on the top, but still i get google.com. I havent changed anything so it must have been at the bottom earlier and the search did work couple version ago.
I checked my Windows locale settings and those are ok.
Even if i look my settings from google options, svenska is selected in there too.

Don't worry about that.
In fact once you have the settings correct in both your web browser and google.com language option(bottom right "Settings"->"Search Settings"->"Language"), your search results are probably the same with google.se.
And in the same country google.com and google.(domain postfix) are pointed to the same servers.
(05-17-2016, 04:31 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Don't worry about that.
In fact once you have the settings correct in both your web browser and google.com language option(bottom right "Settings"->"Search Settings"->"Language"), your search results are probably the same with google.se.
And in the same country google.com and google.(domain postfix) are pointed to the same servers.
Actually those are kind of different. If im using .se ill get results for my language and i have option to find sites that are located to our country. If im using .com ill get couple same results and most of are english or chinese etc. 
So, if ill try to find something to buy, like a new cpu, i need to change that address so i can find those sellers whom are located to my country.

Maybe ill try to uninstall CentBrowser and then install that older version, maybe that will fix the issue...
(05-17-2016, 10:12 PM)Juujika Wrote: Actually those are kind of different. If im using .se ill get results for my language and i have option to find sites that are located to our country. If im using .com ill get couple same results and most of are english or chinese etc. 
So, if ill try to find something to buy, like a new cpu, i need to change that address so i can find those sellers whom are located to my country.

Maybe ill try to uninstall CentBrowser and then install that older version, maybe that will fix the issue...

Here we tested google.com(plus browser settings + language settings were set to Svenska) vs google.se, the results are exactly the same.
And not any English results.
Maybe IP address is another factor.We were using a VPN server located in Hong Kong.