Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing an entire user data with another one
How to replace an entire user data with another one?

Need arose as Cent Browser altogether with whole machine is to be taken over to other owner, so the old owner must clean up all private data while the new owner should smoothly take all control completely

How is the definitve steps to do it correctly ? Thanks in advance
You can open chrome://version/ in the browser, then explore to "Profile Path" in your Explorer.
All browsing data is store in its parent directory(the "User Data" directory).
You can move "User Data" to your U-Disk.
By the way, you can try our portable version in the future.
The "User Data" of portable version is in the same directory of chrome.exe
(08-13-2021, 04:23 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: You can open chrome://version/ in the browser, then explore to "Profile Path" in your Explorer.
All browsing data is store in its parent directory(the "User Data" directory).
You can move "User Data" to your U-Disk.
By the way, you can try our portable version in the future.
The "User Data" of portable version is in the same directory of chrome.exe

I have Cent portable on the win7 machine, when I try to run copied version (whole folder with chrome.exe inside) on my new Win10 PC, it simply logout from all google accounts (these accs only in browser, not in sync), but Im can still view cookies, passwords and history on copied version of the browser. Already tried HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\PreferenceMACs and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cent Browser stuff.

Help me decrypt my profile Sad Sad Sad  I have the  full access to Win7 OS and original portable cent just working fine there on the same PC

I'm using 4.3.9.248 chrome version (name of the folder along chrome.exe)
(08-12-2023, 03:42 PM)User1 Wrote: I have Cent portable on the win7 machine, when I try to run copied version (whole folder with chrome.exe inside) on my new Win10 PC, it simply logout from all google accounts (these accs only in browser, not in sync), but Im can still view cookies, passwords and history on copied version of the browser. Already tried HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\PreferenceMACs and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cent Browser stuff.

Help me decrypt my profile Sad Sad Sad  I have the  full access to Win7 OS and original portable cent just working fine there on the same PC

I'm using 4.3.9.248 chrome version (name of the folder along chrome.exe)
Does Win10 use the same network as Win7?
If your IP address changes, it will trigger logging out by security check.
Otherwise, it may be caused by the change of User Agent.
(08-14-2023, 04:42 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Does Win10 use the same network as Win7?
If your IP address changes, it will trigger logging out by security check.
Otherwise, it may be caused by the change of User Agent.
Ive found the reason, for some reason, cookies are still encrypted. Ive tested in VM with my working W7 installation inside. if I create new user on the same PC OS installation cent browser doest read cookies.  Same applies for ChromeCookiesView programm from Nirsoft, the program just show empty cookies values if loaded from Different user account of same OS installation
[Image: wRyWyje.png]
[Image: 7ULxELf.png]
I found what I have some confict with cookies. Cent using it from different location (the default on in \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies , then applying the C:\Program Files\Cent Browser\User Data\Local State file for decryption  and then dont merging it in single Cookie file inside portable folder .

just user account switch:
[Image: IX6q35R.png]

Which workaround I should apply? If I remove cookies file from cent portable default directory, and then import previous saved cookies from working profile via https://www.hotcleaner.com/cookie-editor/ extension, I'm siply got cookies confict at accounts.google.com but I can read my gmail, so some cookies still works
(08-14-2023, 05:10 PM)User1 Wrote: Ive found the reason, for some reason, cookies are still encrypted. Ive tested in VM with my working W7 installation inside. if I create new user on the same PC OS installation cent browser doest read cookies.  Same applies for ChromeCookiesView programm from Nirsoft, the program just show empty cookies values if loaded from Different user account of same OS installation
[Image: wRyWyje.png]
[Image: 7ULxELf.png]
I found what I have some confict with cookies. Cent using it from different location (the default on in \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies , then applying the C:\Program Files\Cent Browser\User Data\Local State file for decryption  and then dont merging it in single Cookie file inside portable folder .

just user account switch:
[Image: IX6q35R.png]

Which workaround I should apply? If I remove cookies file from cent portable default directory, and then import previous saved cookies from working profile via https://www.hotcleaner.com/cookie-editor/ extension, I'm siply got cookies confict at accounts.google.com but I can read my gmail, so some cookies still works
Whether you use installed version or portable version, cookies are always encrypted, the difference is only the algorithm.
You can try backuping your full User Data firstly.
Then delete cookies of google.com(including accounts.google.com) using SQLite editors(such as HeidiSQL, DB Browser for SQLite
DB Browser for SQLite)
(08-15-2023, 04:49 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Whether you use installed version or portable version, cookies are always encrypted, the difference is only the algorithm.
You can try backuping your full User Data firstly.
Then delete cookies of google.com(including accounts.google.com) using SQLite editors(such as HeidiSQL, DB Browser for SQLite
DB Browser for SQLite)

So, Cent portable is not portable and  not trasferable between different PCs with various hardware configurations / OSses?
(08-18-2023, 04:29 AM)User1 Wrote: So, Cent portable is not portable and  not trasferable between different PCs with various hardware configurations / OSses?
no, cent browser is completely portable and completely transferable to another computer