Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cent Browser 3.1.5.52(for Windows) Released
(02-16-2018, 03:25 AM)ufuksarp Wrote: This is getting ridicuolous. After installing 3.2.4.23 and trying to match what I had before, I got close with it. BUT Developer Console tabs and Chrome's UI text is even worse now.

Seems there are 3 different configurations for the text rendering in the code.
1 - For the UI
2 - For the content
3 - For the Developer Console tabs (And whatever else)

Also I guess whatever you did wasn't just a simple gamma change because adjusting gamma alone wasn't going to fix. I had to play with the contrast also.

@CentBrowser

Can you dig that code and unite these together? Would that be possible? Or would it break stuff?

Going back to 3.0.4.29 once again.
Right, seems there are 3 different rendering effects, but so is Chrome(legacy version with DW disabled). 

Further more,the way that Mactype's gamma  affects Cent & Chrome is not the same as windows explorer(or browser UI).
That's why I suggested Cent to change the gamma, and, I guess they just changed gamma.

Try this Mactype configuration to make the rendering effect "right" first——same color and same bold as non-rendering. This may mostly make Chrome series & windows explorer look familar.
Keep not changing this:
Code:
[General@chrome.exe]
GammaValue=1.0
;Chrome series has its own gamma(now Cent corrected), keep Mactype from changing it again, 1.0/1.1 is fine.
[General]
HintingMode=1
GammaMode=0
GammaValue=1.4
LcdFilter=2
TextTuningR=-1
TextTuningG=-1
TextTuningB=-1
NormalWeight=0
BoldWeight=0
Contrast=1.0
Shadow=1,1,0,0,0,0
;turning off shadow is highly recommended, because text shadow in Cent is quite different from windows explorer, it's ugly

Based on the forepart mentioned, you may see grey& low contrast text, then try changing this to improve:
Code:
LcdFilterWeight=0,65,155,65,0
;means the saturation of each stroke of a character, default is 16,64,112,64,16, increase the number to make the text darker(but not bolder, it's important), what's best depends on your monitor
RenderWeight=1
;1 means same bold as non-rendering,  try minor adjustment such as 1.2/1.3 if too thin
(02-16-2018, 03:25 AM)ufuksarp Wrote: This is getting ridicuolous. After installing 3.2.4.23 and trying to match what I had before, I got close with it. BUT Developer Console tabs and Chrome's UI text is even worse now.

Seems there are 3 different configurations for the text rendering in the code.
1 - For the UI
2 - For the content
3 - For the Developer Console tabs (And whatever else)

Also I guess whatever you did wasn't just a simple gamma change because adjusting gamma alone wasn't going to fix. I had to play with the contrast also.

@CentBrowser

Can you dig that code and unite these together? Would that be possible? Or would it break stuff?

Going back to 3.0.4.29 once again.

Weird that the three places share the same GAMMA value.
Because it is hard coded.
May be there are other parameters affecting this.
The changed variable is SK_GAMMA_CONTRAST, I think it is a mix of GammaValue and Contrast in MacType config file.