Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cent Browser 3.4.3.39(for Windows) Released
(06-04-2018, 12:03 PM)producer Wrote: Just to share:
Almost always after I close Cent browser, few processes still remain active in the Task Manager and usually I stop them manually.
Why is this so? Any ideas? I'm with Win7 x64 Ultimate

Have you enabled "Clear browsing data on exit" in "Privacy and security"?
(06-05-2018, 05:00 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Have you enabled "Clear browsing data on exit" in "Privacy and security"?

No, it's disabled, I've never touched the settings.
At least 3 "Cent Browser" processes remain in the Task Manager.
what are the processes? Possibly related to "Always allow out-dated plugins to run" setting enabled?
(06-06-2018, 11:58 PM)jeffhere Wrote: what are the processes? Possibly related to "Always allow out-dated plugins to run" setting enabled?

If you mean "Allow to run outdated plugins", they are Enabled. I just checked that, although I've never enabled them, obviously this is default.
So, to disable them? And if yes, how will this affect the browser?
All the remaining processes are chrome.exe.
google new version released!Google Chrome v67.0.3396.79 正式版发布

https://www.cnbeta.com/articles/soft/734193.htm
(06-07-2018, 06:26 AM)producer Wrote: If you mean "Allow to run outdated plugins", they are Enabled. I just checked that, although I've never enabled them, obviously this is default.
So, to disable them? And if yes, how will this affect the browser?
All the remaining processes are chrome.exe.

It has effect only if you didn't install standalone Flash Player and the bundled Flash plugin is outdated.
Have confirmed that option is the fault?
(06-09-2018, 03:21 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: It has effect only if you didn't install standalone Flash Player and the bundled Flash plugin is outdated.
Have confirmed that option is the fault?

I disabled Allow to run outdated plugins. No effect. Same as before: sometime the processes remains active, sometime no.
But most of the time they remain in the Task Manager. The reason is something else. Any other ideas?
I can't believe that this issue happens to me only.
(06-09-2018, 09:23 PM)producer Wrote: I disabled Allow to run outdated plugins. No effect. Same as before: sometime the processes remains active, sometime no.
But most of the time they remain in the Task Manager. The reason is something else. Any other ideas?
I can't believe that this issue happens to me only.

I have no idea.
Please try running the browser with safemode.bat(under the same directory of chrome.exe).
Check whether this issue also occur  under safe mode.
Can the bookmarks on the initial screen be synchronized or lost after reinstalling?
Can I make them both in Yandex beta (https://browser.yandex.ru/beta/), that would not be just bookmarks and folders with bookmarks?
And yet, you do not plan additional protection of Internet payments? For example, on the Internet banking pages, automatic deactivation of extensions.
(06-11-2018, 07:51 AM)Fedosyk Wrote: Can the bookmarks on the initial screen be synchronized or lost after reinstalling?
Can I make them both in Yandex beta (https://browser.yandex.ru/beta/), that would not be just bookmarks and folders with bookmarks?
And yet, you do not plan additional protection of Internet payments? For example, on the Internet banking pages, automatic deactivation of extensions.

I guess you are referring the thumbnails in the new tab page, right?
They can be synchronized, but part of resources is stored in resources.pak.
So they can't be synchronized to other browsers including Chrome.
For the Internet payments, it needs no additional protection.
You can use an incognito window to access it, extensions are disabled in incognito mode by default.