Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logs out of everything upon exit
Every time I exit out of Cent browser, it logs me out of all websites I was logged into. It's a real pain because when I open it back up I have to re-login to everything.

It's like it deletes all the cookies or something. Some sites that I don't login to but have certain display settings set will lose their settings when I re-open cent. But if I do the same in other browsers these sites retain their settings between sessions.

Anyone have any idea? I have all the settings set to keep cookies and not delete or change anything when I exit.
Do you mean you didn't enable "Clear browsing data on exit" in chrome://settings/privacy, but still logs out?
This may be caused by downgrading Chromium version.
You need to manually delete the files "Cookies" and "Cookies-journal" under "User Data\Default".
The location of User Data directory can be checked in chrome://version/.
Yes, I meant that I did not enable "Clear browsing data on exit". Thank you for that - I had forgotten the exact wording of it. But that is not enabled.

So I'll give your other suggestions a try and report back what happened. Thanks so much!

Ah no... unfortunately that didn't work. I deleted both files and restarted the browser, logged into a few things that should keep me logged in after exit like Gmail. Then I exited again and restarted again and I was logged out of everything again.
(04-05-2020, 04:20 AM)virco Wrote: Yes, I meant that I did not enable "Clear browsing data on exit". Thank you for that - I had forgotten the exact wording of it. But that is not enabled.

So I'll give your other suggestions a try and report back what happened.  Thanks so much!

Ah no... unfortunately that didn't work. I deleted both files and restarted the browser, logged into a few things that should keep me logged in after exit like Gmail. Then I exited again and restarted again and I was logged out of everything again.
Please try disabling all extensions, or running the browser with safemode.bat(under the same directory of chrome.exe)
Unfortunately, none of that worked. I disabled all extensions, restarted the browser then logged into a few sites. Then I exited and restarted again and I was logged out of everything.

Same thing after I opened it using the safemode.bat file to open.
I just now completely uninstalled the browser from my computer (deleting EVERYTHING) and reinstalled it. And for some reason the problem still persists. And I still have the "Clear browsing data on exit" turned off.
(04-05-2020, 11:15 PM)virco Wrote: I just now completely uninstalled the browser from my computer (deleting EVERYTHING) and reinstalled it. And for some reason the problem still persists. And I still have the "Clear browsing data on exit" turned off.
What about other browsers, Firefox/IE, etc?
Please try disabling your anti-virus temporarily.
Есть пункт "Очистить историю"
chrome://settings/clearBrowserData