Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
STABLE version -- 4.2.10.171
I think the developer is not going to mess with anyone. And he will not let the development out of his hands. A Cent Browser is not an open source product. And its code and development will not appear on GitHub. Even if the product gets thrown.
Switched to a beta one based on Chromium 86. It's feature rich and as good as (or not better than) Cent.
(09-19-2020, 01:17 AM)ttomomo Wrote: Switched to a beta one based on Chromium 86. It's feature rich and as good as (or not better than) Cent.
It allow disabling of DirectWrite?
(09-19-2020, 02:08 AM)AnakhaSilver Wrote: It allow disabling of DirectWrite?
Not sure. I'm using MacType and didn't see any problem.

(09-19-2020, 02:08 AM)AnakhaSilver Wrote: It allow disabling of DirectWrite?
Yes, there's an option to enable/disable DirectWrite in chrome://flags
(09-19-2020, 04:59 AM)ttomomo Wrote: Switched to a beta one based on Chromium 86. It's feature rich and as good as (or not better than) Cent.

What browser did you end up switching to? Mind throwing up a link?
(09-19-2020, 06:12 AM)Journeyover Wrote: What browser did you end up switching to? Mind throwing up a link?

I don't think I'm allowed to post a link here. Google it by yourself, it's version is 13.0.1088.0
(09-19-2020, 06:12 AM)Journeyover Wrote: What browser did you end up switching to? Mind throwing up a link?

This is the 360 Extreme Explorer browser. Beta version 13.0.1088.0 on Chromium 86.

Stable version 12.0.1502.0. On the core Chromium 78. But the developers are putting all the latest security patches on the current core.
(09-19-2020, 07:52 AM)cb-user Wrote: This is the 360 Extreme Explorer browser. Beta version 13.0.1088.0 on Chromium 86.

Stable version 12.0.1502.0. On the core Chromium 78. But the developers are putting all the latest security patches on the current core.

My mom told me to keep away from 360 products.  Confused
(09-19-2020, 09:34 AM)neosnow Wrote: My mom told me to keep away from 360 products.  Confused

You just need to know how to "cook" these products. :-)
And for this there are trackers and repacks.
(09-14-2020, 07:34 PM)pureocean Wrote: @CentBrowser:

When I started CentBrowser there was something awkward in the tab; as if script was being installed in the background. I suspected a malware. I found out the reason for this awkwardness through ProcMon & Fiddler. Cent was downloading self-PepperFlash to %Temp% folder and extracting it to the User Data folder.

Code:
"%Temp%\components_upgrade.exe" -s -d".......\User Data"

My personal Cleaner .BAT file removes junk files and folders from Cent's User Data. One of the folders that deleted is User Data\ PepperFlash.

I don't use Flash. Also, since I deleted this folder, I don't want to burden Cent's own server (by downloading 13 MB of RAR SFX file) every time it starts. I looked for ways to turn this off.

Sorry, the following switchs didn't work.

Code:
--cb-disable-components-auto-update
--disable-bundled-ppapi-flash
--disable-component-update

Whether the UserData\ PepperFlash folder is in place or not, Cent persistently downloads the  components_upgrade.exe file (PepperFlash) to %temp% and extracts it to the User Data folder.

I ask you to add a switch (--cb-disable-bundled-ppapi-flash, how?) or a setting that prevent the automatic download of components_upgrade.exe in the next build. I suggest you may set this feature as default to ease the load on your server.
You can disable Flash in chrome://settings/content/flash, and then leave these files alone.
If you deleted them, they will be downloaded again.
This is a design flaw.