Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BETA version -- 4.3.9.182
(11-12-2020, 05:46 PM)drhouse Wrote: I have a somewhat related issue to above, except in my case, when pressing the middle mouse button the auto-scrolling feature and icon (image example below) don't appear. I used this feature very regularly in Chrome and would really like to have it in Cent (for the record, I switched primarily for the 'autohide bookmark bar' feature). I was looking at the settings menu and saw that 'Browsing > Use autoscrolling' is locked on, I was wondering if that may be related to the issue. I tried reinstalling my mouse drivers, but nothing changed and I can't find any other drivers to make auto-scrolling work again.

[Image: image136.png.pagespeed.ce.akPlNak2uu.png]

Have you tried in a separate program other than the browser, to verify it's not a separate pc issue? Try Cent safe mode and see if it works then..?

Using the latest 64 bit portable beta, autoscroll works fine here. "use autoscrolling" should be ON (mine is)

I use the portable, so I can revert to an older version instantly. If you can roll back, is it ok then?
(11-12-2020, 09:32 PM)jeffhere Wrote: Have you tried in a separate program other than the browser, to verify it's not a separate pc issue? Try Cent safe mode and see if it works then..?

Using the latest 64 bit portable beta, autoscroll works fine here. "use autoscrolling" should be ON (mine is)

I use the portable, so I can revert to an older version instantly. If you can roll back, is it ok then?

Ok, I tried the latest portable (v4.3.9.182) and auto-scroll seems to work. Hmm, wonder why auto-scrolling didn't work with the installer version. So, that's good news and registering the portable version as Windows default browser also seemed to work.
(11-12-2020, 09:56 PM)drhouse Wrote: Ok, I tried the latest portable (v4.3.9.182) and auto-scroll seems to work. Hmm, wonder why auto-scrolling didn't work with the installer version. So, that's good news and registering the portable version as Windows default browser also seemed to work.
that's odd it works on only the portable. Did you set up this beta so you can go back to the previous version (either by in a completely different directory, or same directory but rename the old chrome.exe)?
Now that you mentioned it, I recently notice the auto-scroll sometimes doesn't work when initially loading Cent Browser for me. Same problem as drhouse, but with the latest 64-bit beta portable. Closing the tab or refreshing doesn't fix it. I have to close and restart Cent to fix it.
Is the stable release date already known?
(11-13-2020, 11:52 AM)soyabeaner Wrote: Now that you mentioned it, I recently notice the auto-scroll sometimes doesn't work when initially loading Cent Browser for me.  Same problem as drhouse, but with the latest 64-bit beta portable. Closing the tab or refreshing doesn't fix it. I have to close and restart Cent to fix it.

lol now I have soyabeaner's problem... I had started freshly using the 64-bit portable version, auto-scroll was working, but then some time after migrating all my stuff over I noticed auto-scroll had stopped working. Here's something odd: in the browser profile manager (top-right) I opened a guest account and auto-scroll worked fine in the new window - but, still didn't work on the main account window. Also unfortunately, in my case, auto-scrolling does not work after closing and re-opening the portable version.
@CentBrowser: I'm now using this version. Good improvements. It's very good to use the new chromium engine with Cent's special features after months. Thank you for all effort and fixing Pepperflash issue.

A bug report: Spotify.com still broken (in 4.2.10.171 and 4.3.9.182, x64 portable). Try play any a album in Spotify.com. Open DevTools (Press F12). Result in the Console of DevTools:
Code:
POST https://gew-spclient.spotify.com/widevine-license/v1/audio/license .... -> 403

Already updated Widevine from chrome://components/.
This problem not exist in other web browsers.
Thanks so much for the beta. Runs mostly OK for me (I don't really need Spotify web player). One bug: print function seems broken. On any page, when pressing Ctrl+P or selecting Print from the menu, the print preview dialog box pops out, then the page crashes. This means I cannot save any page to PDF. Please fix in the stable release.
(11-13-2020, 03:42 PM)drhouse Wrote: lol now I have soyabeaner's problem... I had started freshly using the 64-bit portable version, auto-scroll was working, but then some time after migrating all my stuff over I noticed auto-scroll had stopped working. Here's something odd: in the browser profile manager (top-right) I opened a guest account and auto-scroll worked fine in the new window - but, still didn't work on the main account window. Also unfortunately, in my case, auto-scrolling does not work after closing and re-opening the portable version.
I remember when it first happened, I had to restart Cent many times, so this workaround solution is unreliable.
(11-13-2020, 07:05 PM)swifters Wrote: ...when pressing Ctrl+P or selecting Print from the menu, the print preview dialog box pops out, then the page crashes. This means I cannot save any page to PDF...

Dear "swifters",

I also often use full page saving via "⋮ > Print" ; I don't have the "page crashes" problem you mentioned (I use Cent Browser 4.3.9.182 x64 portable).

Uninstalling - reinstalling may be helpful in fixing the problem.