Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BETA version -- 4.3.9.182
(11-14-2020, 05:36 PM)Al Q Wrote: Auto-scroll works fine for me. It does become jerky if you change the speed while it's in auto-mode!
Dear "Al Q",

Unfortunately, I will not be able to give you rep points; because your solution has already been proposed and it doesn't work; Moreover, you did not specify that the "⋮ > Settings > Browsing > Use autoscrolling" option should be selected.

My scrolling is not broken; I slide good and bad when necessary; the main problem is with auto scroll: not stable; It slides spontaneously, sometimes fast and sometimes slowly.

This problem will kill me; please everyone help me!
(11-14-2020, 01:16 AM)soyabeaner Wrote: My Paste on middle click is one of the settings I turned off a while ago, so again this won't be the cause.  My Auto scrolling option has never been stuck in any mode either.  In any event, this problem has happens less often than not.  It's not like the other issue with auto-scrolling being jumpy with this beta version.
Does this issue appear in Chrome 86?
And have you tried Cent's safe mode?(a command in Alt+F menu)
(11-15-2020, 01:56 AM)drhouse Wrote: quick question: is Incognito mode crashing a known bug?
Is it Incognito Window or Multilogin Tab?
What operation will result in the crash?
(11-15-2020, 04:11 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Does this issue appear in Chrome 86?
And have you tried Cent's safe mode?(a command in Alt+F menu)
I don't use any browser except for Cent, so I don't know. Since this happens very seldomly, I'll try to remember to test with Safe Mode the next time it happens. This is about the issue with Auto Scrolling not working at all.

The other issue with auto scrolling being erratic with the jerkiness/jumpiness is always there with this beta, even in Safe Mode.
(11-15-2020, 04:13 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Is it Incognito Window or Multilogin Tab?
What operation will result in the crash?

darn, looks like it's an issue on my end... I can open Incognito on a new account, but crashes on my main one - must be a conflict with some customization.
(11-15-2020, 04:28 PM)soyabeaner Wrote: I don't use any browser except for Cent, so I don't know.  Since this happens very seldomly, I'll try to remember to test with Safe Mode the next time it happens. This is about the issue with Auto Scrolling not working at all.

The other issue with auto scrolling being erratic with the jerkiness/jumpiness is always there with this beta, even in Safe Mode.
Are you using a bluetooth mouse?
Is the issue similar to this bug?
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/iss...?id=836258
Wired mouse. There were no such problems with any scrolling or mouse related things in previous versions.

Update: It just happened again with the auto scrolling not working at all after Windows 10 forced an update and I restarted the PC along with Cent Browser of course. Then I restarted Cent's Safe Mode and the problem stopped. I then closed Cent and restarted it in normal mode and the problem remained fixed.

For me, while the problem is somewhat rare, when it does happen it's only the first time Cent is loaded shortly after starting Windows. After a few minutes or few Cent closures and restarts, the problem doesn't return.
(11-15-2020, 05:38 PM)soyabeaner Wrote: Wired mouse.  There were no such problems with any scrolling or mouse related things in previous versions.

Update: It just happened again with the auto scrolling not working at all after Windows 10 forced an update and I restarted the PC along with Cent Browser of course.  Then I restarted Cent's Safe Mode and the problem stopped.  I then closed Cent and restarted it in normal mode and the problem remained fixed.

For me, while the problem is somewhat rare, when it does happen it's only the first time Cent is loaded shortly after starting Windows.  After a few minutes or few Cent closures and restarts, the problem doesn't return.
Thanks for the info.
We will make another release soon, then you can test it.
Chrome 87.0.4280.66 stable......
(11-18-2020, 06:12 AM)34ero Wrote: Chrome 87.0.4280.66 stable......
Who cares dumb dumb !