Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BETA version -- 4.3.9.182
(11-13-2020, 11:52 PM)taba Wrote: Dear "swifters",

I also often use full page saving via "⋮ > Print" ; I don't have the "page crashes" problem you mentioned (I use Cent Browser 4.3.9.182 x64 portable).

Uninstalling - reinstalling may be helpful in fixing the problem.

I am using Version 4.3.9.182 (Official Build) (64-bit), I got the same page crash issue after right click on a webpage click Print. It shows "Print preview failed" then after 1 second, it turns to the page crash.

[Image: Screenshot-cent-crash1.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-cent-crash.jpg]
(11-18-2020, 07:47 PM)futureken1 Wrote: I am using Version 4.3.9.182 (Official Build) (64-bit), I got the same page crash issue after right click on a webpage click Print. It shows "Print preview failed" then after 1 second, it turns to the page crash.
Dear "futureken1",

After trying Cent Browser's web page saving feature on Windows 8.1 and 10 (Pro, x64) operating systems, I wrote the message you quoted.

The software I use on the computer is almost completely portable; there are only 3 software I use by installing: MS Office, VMware and SoftEther VPN.
As I understand from what you have written, you are using Cent Browser by installing it, not portable. If so, the developer needs to deal with this issue.

NOTE: In my opinion, Cent Browser is the safest and most useful of the Chromium-based browsers currently in the market; Therefore, it is necessary to facilitate the developer's job by reporting problems, providing additional information about the installed operating system and the hardware of the computer.
请问什么时候会出86的正式版?
准备就绪后,它就会出来。
(11-18-2020, 11:43 PM)taba Wrote: NOTE: In my opinion, Cent Browser is the safest and most useful of the Chromium-based browsers currently in the market; Therefore, it is necessary to facilitate the developer's job by reporting problems, providing additional information about the installed operating system and the hardware of the computer.

I'm genuinely interested to know how you arrive at the conclusion it's the safest Chromium browser on the market...

From what I can see, it's no better or worse than most other similar browsers, and that's not taking into account the fact we've not had a stable release for seven months.
(11-18-2020, 07:47 PM)futureken1 Wrote: I am using Version 4.3.9.182 (Official Build) (64-bit), I got the same page crash issue after right click on a webpage click Print. It shows "Print preview failed" then after 1 second, it turns to the page crash.

[Image: Screenshot-cent-crash1.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-cent-crash.jpg]
This is DirectWrite issue.
We will fix it in stable version.
Dear "rch",
Quote:I'm genuinely interested to know how you arrive at the conclusion it's the safest Chromium browser on the market...
* People decide about the quality of things by making comparisons after hearing, reading, seeing, and most importantly, after using them.

* Since you became a member of this forum 4 years ago and are still continuing to do so, obviously you are choosing according to the rule I wrote above.  Smile

Quote:From what I can see, it's no better or worse than most other similar browsers, and that's not taking into account the fact we've not had a stable release for seven months.
* Among the Chromium-based browsers, Cent Browser is the only browser that preserves its quality from 4 years ago; Chromium's former free developers have become puppets today, powered by Google, and Chromium-based browsers have also become puppets.

* If I try to write all the evidence of this puppetry thing, the pages are not enough; so I'll only write the most important (to me):

4 years ago, it was enough to back up "User Data > Default" directory to transfer the settings and customizations you made in all Chromium-based browsers to a new version; If you try to use this directory for the transfer in question today, you will get a warning like this:

"Chrome detected that some of your settings were corrupted by another program and reset them to their original defaults."

This warning is a lie, a fraud, forcing browser users to back up, transfer, and synchronize online and thus open a Google account. The aim is to try to get more private information about users.

So, Cent Browser is the only browser that opposes Google in this regard and is not a puppet of it.

Regards,

NOTE 1) Such infamy did not exist in Firefox and its derivatives before; There is no today either.

2) Frequent software updates should not be given too much attention; For example, if we try to use the version of a browser 4 years ago today, we immediately see that there is no significant difference from the current version.
(11-19-2020, 04:41 PM)taba Wrote: Dear "rch",
* People decide about the quality of things by making comparisons after hearing, reading, seeing, and most importantly, after using them.

* Since you became a member of this forum 4 years ago and are still continuing to do so, obviously you are choosing according to the rule I wrote above.  Smile

* Among the Chromium-based browsers, Cent Browser is the only browser that preserves its quality from 4 years ago; Chromium's former free developers have become puppets today, powered by Google, and Chromium-based browsers have also become puppets.

* If I try to write all the evidence of this puppetry thing, the pages are not enough; so I'll only write the most important (to me):

4 years ago, it was enough to back up "User Data > Default" directory to transfer the settings and customizations you made in all Chromium-based browsers to a new version; If you try to use this directory for the transfer in question today, you will get a warning like this:

"Chrome detected that some of your settings were corrupted by another program and reset them to their original defaults."

This warning is a lie, a fraud, forcing browser users to back up, transfer, and synchronize online and thus open a Google account. The aim is to try to get more private information about users.

So, Cent Browser is the only browser that opposes Google in this regard and is not a puppet of it.

Regards,

NOTE 1) Such infamy did not exist in Firefox and its derivatives before; There is no today either. 

2) Frequent software updates should not be given too much attention; For example, if we try to use the version of a browser 4 years ago today, we immediately see that there is no significant difference from the current version.

You haven't really said anything substantial about what makes Cent the "safest" of all Chromium browsers in your view. Just lots of "evil Google" type stuff.

Being able to move profiles between browsers and/or computers sounds more like a privacy/security issue than a pro safety feature, so I'm not sure why you think being able to do that makes a browser safer.

You do realize along with several other browsers, Cent does not block something like Google ping tracking and ping tracking in general? Some browsers do because it's a potential privacy risk. If I recall, some of the Google related stuff built into Chromium is removed from Cent, some isn't. So all this "other browsers are puppets to Google" talk doesn't really add up.

Something like Ungoogled Chromium is probably one of the safest because it removes everything Google related from its code, and does extra things like blocking ping tracking.
(11-15-2020, 05:38 PM)soyabeaner Wrote: Update: It just happened again with the auto scrolling not working at all after Windows 10 forced an update and I restarted the PC along with Cent Browser of course. Then I restarted Cent's Safe Mode and the problem stopped. I then closed Cent and restarted it in normal mode and the problem remained fixed.

For me, while the problem is somewhat rare, when it does happen it's only the first time Cent is loaded shortly after starting Windows. After a few minutes or few Cent closures and restarts, the problem doesn't return.
Update: Problem with auto scrolling not working happened just now after starting up my PC into Windows and then immediately I launched Cent. This time, even using the "Restart in safe mode" doesn't fix it. After a couple of minutes I tested around with one of my mouse gestures and then it suddenly fixed itself on the same page. I don't know if it's coincidental timing with the mouse gesture or it just fixes on its own after a certain amount of time, but there was no need to restart in that instance. One thing is certain and consistent: after occurring only once throughout the day the problem won't return until maybe the next time I start up Windows again.
Stable Release is out !

http://static.centbrowser.com/installer_...06_x64.exe