Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ Suggestion ] Adjustable icon radius on default home page
Image 1:

[Image: vqPVy6K.png]

Image 2:

[Image: KSSTdiH.png]

Image 1 shows the New Tab page I had in Chrome. In Cent, I could actually have the exact same page by installing a custom theme file I generated online, having 'chrome://new-tab-page/' in the 'Use custom URL' field and selecting the same background with the 'Customize' button (bottom-right of screen).

But, I tried to re-create this new tab page from Chrome to Cent (Image 2). I used 'Use background image' to select a copy of the original background... it's not bad, but it'd be nice to have a 'fill screen' option to completely fit the image (white strips left/right, can't be seen here against white background). But, the main difference was with the website icons, in Image 1 they're small... if Cent (Image 2) had the option to change the icon radius, I think it would get pretty close to looking like Image 1 and look better overall, with the benefit of having up to 60 icons compared to Chrome.
I was playing around with the css and came up with this in Cent, gives a rough idea of how I think the icons could be improved:

[Image: tSzmmKR.jpg]
In fact you can use Google's new tab page in Cent, just set your custom URL to
chrome-search://local-ntp/local-ntp.html
(11-15-2020, 04:01 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: In fact you can use Google's new tab page in Cent, just set your custom URL to
Why did something like this pop up when I tried to set this address. chrome-search://%20//local-ntp/local-ntp.html
(11-15-2020, 05:00 PM)warmiak38 Wrote: Why did something like this pop up when I tried to set this address. chrome-search://%20//local-ntp/local-ntp.html
You may have entered an extra space.
%20 is URL encoded space.
It should be exactly