Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
middle click on folder does not open in background + some bugs
Hello Centbrowser team,

Thanks for the updates, but since the last two revisions (I think), the middle click does not work as expected with folders.
Middle clicking a bookmarks folder, it should open all bookmarks inside it in the background (like it does when middle clicking a bookmark). But Centbrowser opens all bookmarks in the foreground, which is really annoying.

The middle click should always be associated with "loading in the background"

(I'm using installed Centbrowser 4.3.9.241 x64, didn't try x86)

ps : on revision 4.3.9.227, it works as expected.

one word with Centbrowser stability + CPU/GPU/RAM load :

• 4.3.9.238 CPU load was insanely high, GPU was high with youtube, RAM fingerprint is anomaly high
  • 4.3.9.241 CPU load seems better (thanks) but GPU is still high on YouTube and other popular video websites (even with 720p or 1080p videos), RAM fingerprint is anomaly high, and I'm experiencing a lot of tab crash, even if I don't have a lot of tabs opened (~10).

on 4.3.9.241

1/ with some facebook videos on the main page : sound is not working if I click play...it finally comes after ~20/30sec or if I click the video (to open the large player)
example : https://www.facebook.com/Cdanslairf5/vid...0764500239

I tried with a vanilla / no extension / no personal parameters. Just launched portable version, logged into Facebook and try some videos

2/ A funny one I just discovered by writing this thread : when using spell checker on your forum, it changes the font size  Dodgy
ie : I wrote loadging instead of loading. If I right-click on the word to see what the spell checker gives me, font becomes extremely small
loadging ← i wrote laodging, and used the spell checker, look at the size of the word now (I swear I did NOT changed anything by myself) Huh (it seems it does not affect all words, and not everytime...)

since I removed all formatting on my text, spell check does not make this strange bug anymore...

the last two revisions are really disappointing Sad
I really hope the next one will be bug free. I think I'll stick to 4.3.9.227 for now.
This is intended change, learned from Firefox.
Generally users want to jump to the opened bookmarks immediately, so we make the first tab opened in foreground tab.
You can press CTRL or change "Tab options"->"Open bookmarks in" to "New background tab" to force all bookmarks opened in background tabs.
then this is really sad news Sad . This is not intuitive, and Firefox is far from being a good "benchmark" in term of User Interface (this is the exact opposite, and one of the reason users switch to Chrome/chromium)

Please, at least, let the user choose. Middle click was, is and will ever be associated to "Open in the background" (url, bookmarks, bookmarks folders) on all browsers, since the beginning of the 3 buttons mouse. Changing the behavior of the bookmarks is not a solution, because ALL bookmarks will then open in the background, which is NOT intuitive too.

what is the point in having different behavior for middle click depending of what you click ?

middle click on an url → open in the background
middle click on a bookmark → open in the background
middle click on a bookmark inside a bookmarks folder → open in the background
middle click on a bookmark folder → open in the foreground ????? Really ???

I really don't see any logic in here, even less when this bad idea comes from a browser less and less popular Huh
You are reasonable.
We will consider changing back.