Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NPAPI Support?
I have yet to try CentBrowser, but I am looking for a Chromium-based browser that still has and will maintain NPAPI plug-in support in the future.  Does CentBrowser still support NPAPI plug-ins like the Unity engine web plug-in?  Google has completely removed NPAPI support in the latest builds of Chromium and Chrome.
Before Chromium 45, you can enable NPAPI support in chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
From later versions, NPAPI will be completely removed from Chromium.And I don't think there will be Chromium-based browsers that support NPAPI all the time.

Don't be frustrated, porting from NPAPI to NativeMessagingHost(the new mechanism) is not so difficult for the plugin providers.
NPAPI is now completely removed from official Chromium.  The flag or command-line switch to enable it no longer works.  However, there is no technical reason why source ports of Chromium like CentBrowser couldn't continue to support NPAPI plug-ins as the source code for NPAPI support is still available.  Therefore my question is will CentBrowser support NPAPI?

(08-08-2015, 12:17 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Don't be frustrated, porting from NPAPI to NativeMessagingHost(the new mechanism) is not so difficult for the plugin providers.

It is difficult enough that many major plug-in providers like Unity have not migrated and have no plans to do it.  And, even if Unity ported its plug-in, it would do nothing to run the tens of thousands of web-based games which have already been released and rely on the NPAPI plug-in.