Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cent Browser 1.6.10.21(for Windows) Released
first i read it and like "wow! they read my mind!" and really that's a lot.. but however i hate to be a compering jerk, i found a better realisation(and were just going to show it and ask dev team if may we see something similar, when saw this new release!)
these 2 fetures:
2.Execute "PasteAndGo" when right click the new tab button  = i hope someday there appear a sub-feature "Pante and Go in New tab" similar to what Maxthon had
6.Added "Play video in an alone window"(hold on Ctrl/Shift/Alt to close video window directly) = recently i found a UC Browser PC version, i tested it for sole desire to see "pop-up/download for video" realisation -sad to say i like their way more" =/

still i say Big Thanks to devs for new things =) and maybe this little critic will make Cent even better!..
great work for No.3; No.5 ; No.7
How can I disable the stupid download manager you guys put into place and use my own (without having to set the default downloader to "save as")?? each time I restart the browser I have to go into the settings and re-enable my download manager because the browser keeps on disabling it in place for it's own which is getting very very aggravating and annoying.

If you are going to put in your own download manager then make it completely optional or turn it into an extension like https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...nfo-dialog
or
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...nfo-dialog

as the fat shelf that pops up down the bottom of the browser whenever you download something gets annoying quick.
@devs Please force disable/put in setting option to enable or disable permanently tab discarding. It literally ruins my browsing experience with tabs constantly refreshing back and forth w/c also is a data waster. This is probably the most pathetic feature google has implememted rather than optimize chrome itself on how to use cpu/ram when loading web pages/during standby rather than discard it completely. The about:flags setting doesnt work even if disabled.
(01-16-2016, 09:22 AM)jollyD Wrote: @devs   Please force disable/put in setting option to enable or disable permanently tab discarding. It literally ruins my browsing experience with tabs constantly refreshing back and forth w/c also is a data waster. This is probably the most pathetic feature google has implememted rather than optimize chrome itself on how to use cpu/ram when loading web pages/during standby rather than discard it completely. The about:flags setting doesnt work even if disabled.

Did you disable lazy session loading in settings? 
If yes add this to CentBrowser shortcut --force-fieldtrials=AutomaticTabDiscarding/Disabled
example

Code:
C:\CentBrowser\chrome.exe --force-fieldtrials=AutomaticTabDiscarding/Disabled
(01-15-2016, 07:11 PM)RDS Wrote: Can you send me tmp files ... it crash

The browser crashed?If you have dump file, you can send it to centbrowser@gmail.com
(01-16-2016, 03:24 AM)rey Wrote: first i read it and like "wow! they read my mind!" and really that's a lot.. but however i hate to be a compering jerk, i found a better realisation(and were just going to show it and ask dev team if may we see something similar, when saw this new release!)
these 2 fetures:
2.Execute "PasteAndGo" when right click the new tab button  = i hope someday there appear a sub-feature "Pante and Go in New tab" similar to what Maxthon had
6.Added "Play video in an alone window"(hold on Ctrl/Shift/Alt to close video window directly) = recently i found a UC Browser PC version, i tested it for sole desire to see "pop-up/download for video" realisation -sad to say i like their way more" =/

still i say Big Thanks to devs for new things =) and maybe this little critic will make Cent even better!..

2.In fact we already changed the default behavior.In next version it will be "Right click to open a foreground new tab" and "Double right click to open in current tab"
6.We will have a look at UC browser
(01-16-2016, 08:40 AM)Journeyover Wrote: How can I disable the stupid download manager you guys put into place and use my own (without having to set the default downloader to "save as")?? each time I restart the browser I have to go into the settings and re-enable my download manager because the browser keeps on disabling it in place for it's own which is getting very very aggravating and annoying.

If you are going to put in your own download manager then make it completely optional or turn it into an extension like https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...nfo-dialog
or

as the fat shelf that pops up down the bottom of the browser whenever you download something gets annoying quick.

The main purpose of the built-in download manager is to launch external download tools, like thunder, dap, fdm, etc.So it can't be implemented as an extension.
And what download tool are you using?
(01-16-2016, 09:22 AM)jollyD Wrote: @devs   Please force disable/put in setting option to enable or disable permanently tab discarding. It literally ruins my browsing experience with tabs constantly refreshing back and forth w/c also is a data waster. This is probably the most pathetic feature google has implememted rather than optimize chrome itself on how to use cpu/ram when loading web pages/during standby rather than discard it completely. The about:flags setting doesnt work even if disabled.

We have solved the issue.Tab discarding will be completely disabled in the next version.Sorry for the inconvenience.
(01-16-2016, 12:01 PM)CentBrowser Wrote:
(01-16-2016, 08:40 AM)Journeyover Wrote: How can I disable the stupid download manager you guys put into place and use my own (without having to set the default downloader to "save as")?? each time I restart the browser I have to go into the settings and re-enable my download manager because the browser keeps on disabling it in place for it's own which is getting very very aggravating and annoying.

or

The main purpose of the built-in download manager is to launch external download tools, like thunder, dap, fdm, etc.So it can't be implemented as an extension.
And what download tool are you using?

The download tool I am using is an extension from the chrome store - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...nfo-dialog

This has never been an issue with older versions of centbrowser, but now that centbrowser has been updated every time I restart my browser for whatever reason I always have to go into settings and re-enable the extension and it's getting annoying and old very quick.. no matter if I use a different download manager from the chrome store it'll get disabled as well now once I close and re-open the browser, and this is an issue with just centbrowser and no other browser out there...