Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cent Browser 1.3.19.45(for Windows) Released
Well, then we will release another 44 based version and merge patches for the three cross-origin vulnerabilities.
nooooo! please Chrome 45 (This update includes 29 security fixes.)

http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com...pdate.html
Quote:29 security fixes
Not more than a publicity stunt.

If still 45, it is not above 45.0.2454.46.
(09-07-2015, 04:46 PM)DrWatson Wrote:
Quote:29 security fixes
Not more than a publicity stunt.

If still 45, it is not above 45.0.2454.46.

Except the three cross-origin vulnerabilities, others are not so dangerous.
You can check the severity score(CVSS v2 Base Score) rated by NIST.
https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detai...-2015-1291
In fact patches for CVE-2015-1291 CVE-2015-1292 CVE-2015-1293 are already merged to our current code.
very bad idea for me. Please release two version.
Hello! What a great browser, congrats!!! Impressive! And i've tested a lot of Chromium based browsers.
1. I want to ask, why Cent it's not seen by CCleaner ? Is there any chance to fix this in next realease(s) ?
2. I'm pro Npapi as well

Thank you!
(09-07-2015, 10:42 PM)Steven Wrote: Hello! What a great browser, congrats!!! Impressive! And i've tested a lot of Chromium based browsers.
1. I want to ask, why Cent it's not seen by CCleaner ? Is there any chance to fix this in next realease(s) ?
2. I'm pro Npapi as well

Thank you!

cent browser is not in the whitelist of CCleaner because it is obscure.
But in fact there is nothing to be cleaned by third-party tools.All cache data can be deleted by "Clear browsing data", and the browser doesn't crate any files outside its User Data directory.The written registry items are the same with any other browsers, and will be overwritten when you set another browser as default.
Quote:Except the three cross-origin vulnerabilities, others are not so dangerous.

In fact, there are cases affected by these vulnerabilities? Or is it just abstract possibilities of this?

In any case, for me, is the latest version on the engine, which in any way supports the NPAPI. For me, too important to the convenience provided by NPAPI extensions.
@admin please do continue with chromium 45.x as I see it's changes pretty much a big improvement in regards to disabling support for NPAPI/Flash being auto blocked in performance. I haven't used any NPAPI plugins like Java/Flash besides the PPAPI once and I see this changes even further reduce cpu/ram usage w/c is beneficial for tablet/notebook users who mostly use their devices unplugged. Also making 2 versions would just be a hassle/headache since old versions gonna be deprecated sooner or later with how fast chrome updates.
We will release 45 based version after releasing another 44 based version. There may not be alternatives for some plugins in the short term, so NPAPI is still important.