Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[possible bug] High CPU usage on Facebook ?
Thanks for your research and your concern.

I'll keep trying with the latest revision (it seems I was in using 3.4.3.25 and not 3.4.3.39...when you have multiple computers, you can lose tracking of the version of CentBrowser Biggrin )
at least on my laptop, I still have the same problem (revision 3.4.3.38, it's time to upgrade to 3.4.3.39 and try again)

but for now, I will stay away from Facebook. I will not use any website that can't handle standard technology like IPv6 or standard DNS (like the ones my ISP is giving me). I already knew that FB was heavy and full of stupid things/bloatwares, but I didn't know to which point.

EDIT : same with 3.4.3.39
Disabling the flag "#enable-wheel-scroll-latching" helps to have smooth scrolling (not as smooth as usual, but better), but CPU is still high. Facebook tab takes between 7 to 10% on my i7 4790k without doing anything on it (I activate its tab, nothing else), this is insane. But this time, if I activate another tab, CPU goes back to normal state (between 0% to 1%) which is much better.

I will not try alternative DNS or IPv4 only for this evil facebook website :|

Messages In This Thread
RE: [possible bug] High CPU usage on Facebook ? - by badablek - 06-16-2018, 06:01 AM