Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panels feature (suggestion)
(11-25-2016, 07:21 PM)Lichtenshtein Wrote: For several years now browsers became mini-operating systems within the operating system: they consume even more resources, the time we spent in them is more too. Size of the installer - not something that should stop the introduction of new functions. It would be good to have several development branches, branches for different systems (mobile, stationary, etc.). This is the ideal. But everywhere their own objectives, needs, problems, challenges and accordingly - functions and features. In reality, to support something like this for a free product, unfortunately, is almost impossible. Man-hours needed to be payed from something and I understand that. I don't know where you have taken the enthusiasm, but you are one of the few who at least doing and implements something.

We aim to build an easy-to-maintain web browser based on Chromium, so we have to investigate and design each feature carefully to ensure it will not become too time-consuming when we upgrade Chromium core.I think this is needed for small teams.The result is that we may not keep features coupled deeply with Chromium source code.

Messages In This Thread
Panels feature (suggestion) - by Lichtenshtein - 11-21-2016, 09:17 PM
RE: Panels feature (suggestion) - by rey - 11-22-2016, 12:26 AM
RE: Panels feature (suggestion) - by Admini - 11-23-2016, 03:40 PM
RE: Panels feature (suggestion) - by Admini - 11-25-2016, 06:05 PM
RE: Panels feature (suggestion) - by Admini - 11-26-2016, 04:31 PM