Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One bug and some other feedback
(01-22-2017, 06:53 PM)wOxxOm Wrote: re: #6, you can revert to the classic Chrome download shelf on the bottom that has the ability to change file-open behavior: simply uncheck "[ ] Show download button" in the browser settings and restart the browser.

Thank you  Heart  The default Chrome download bar at the bottom isn't really very nice to look at, but it is indeed the only place where this option can be set.

Sadly there are downsides to whatever method I choose, now I'll have to think which is less of an annoyance. On the one hand I do like the concept of the 'Use temporary directory for Save&Open items' setting very much, because Firefox has always been doing this by default and it would save me considerable time I don't need to spend on cleaning the default download directory from files I only want to see once (hence why I've always opened them directly in the past). On the other hand, clicking on a link and letting the file be opened automatically without another file download dialog is just so nice and comfortable.

The best of both worlds would be if CentBrowser were able to remember to use the Save&Open method for certain file-types.

Messages In This Thread
One bug and some other feedback - by flash - 01-22-2017, 12:35 PM
RE: One bug and some other feedback - by wOxxOm - 01-22-2017, 06:53 PM
RE: One bug and some other feedback - by flash - 01-24-2017, 02:29 PM
RE: One bug and some other feedback - by Admini - 01-24-2017, 05:36 PM
RE: One bug and some other feedback - by Admini - 01-24-2017, 06:07 PM