Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CentBrowser portable needs cachedir rel. path
(04-02-2019, 06:05 PM)Cent portable Wrote: Here is an update of what I found that actually works for relative cache locations:
    The --disk-cache-dir= switch always creates  "Default\Cache" folders whether you want them or not.  So if you put the name Cache after --disk-cache-dir= you will have 3 folders - Cache\Default\Cache - which may not be very good.  Also, if you had a "Media Cache" folder in your User Data folder, it will add that to the new location.

--disk-cache-dir=\   - will put "Default\Cache" at the root of the drive e.g. "Y:\Default\Cache" , and it will survive drive letter changes when your flash is in different computers.

--disk-cache-dir=.  - with just a period, will put "Default\Cache" at the # directory of the CentBrowser folder e.g. "Y:\CentPortable\3.5.3.50\Default\Cache" , and it will survive drive letter changes when your flash is in different computers.

I couldn't get anything else to work --disk-cache-dir="..\..\MyCache"  would just make empty "MyCache\Default\Cache" folders and the cache would not work.
I tried adding "--disk-cache-dir="  to cb_config.ini, windows shortcuts, and the "other settings", and it didn't make any difference.

Thanks for the information.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CentBrowser portable needs cachedir rel. path - by Admini - 04-03-2019, 03:11 PM