Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
missing extension and bookmark icon tooltips
(05-28-2021, 05:14 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Have you changed any options in chrome://settings/cbBookmarks?
And try disabling hardware acceleration.

thx for the reply, yeah I just tried those things, problem still exists...

Ok, since I wrote my original post, I spent some more time on the issue and... it's much weirder than I thought.
It turns out that there are cases where the tooltip does appear, but it's completely random.
If I hover my cursor over an addon or bookmark icon, a tooltip may either not appear, appear but then instantly disappear or not appear but appear after random number of seconds, there's no seeming pattern. When I turned off hardware acceleration, tooltips completely stopped appearing, so I turned it back on.

I don't see what could be causing the problem, but it has the same behavior as with a graphics conflict, like when another program would be using the same render layer and interrupting the drawing of the tooltips. I guess the next step is to reboot my PC with all startup programs turned off and just run Cent.

Messages In This Thread
RE: missing extension and bookmark icon tooltips - by drhouse - 05-28-2021, 05:58 PM