Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Material Design in Chromium 71
I appreciate it must be hard to maintain for free something, so I can't be harsh on you guys. All I will say is I moved to Cent purely for the old tabs and less spaced out bookmark toolbar and have loved it. I made the change because Chrome suddenly decided to make the new design compulsory, not sure why they didn't just leave it as a hidden option flag. Thankfully with Cent I have turned off auto-update so I can stick to the old design. But if I get forced to update then I am not sure what I will do. Someone in Reddit said Cent will always have the old design available, hence why I jumped ship, I guess they got it wrong or something unexpected changed ?

But I do appreciate the work you guys do for nothing, if you find any way of bringing back the old design for new versions that would be great. If not, then a compromise would be to lessen the gap between bookmark toolbar items, and get the old style tab design back.

Thanks all.
(02-14-2019, 12:38 AM)Slake Wrote: I appreciate it must be hard to maintain for free something, so I can't be harsh on you guys. All I will say is I moved to Cent purely for the old tabs and less spaced out bookmark toolbar and have loved it. I made the change because Chrome suddenly decided to make the new design compulsory, not sure why they didn't just leave it as a hidden option flag. Thankfully with Cent I have turned off auto-update so I can stick to the old design. But if I get forced to update then I am not sure what I will do. Someone in Reddit said Cent will always have the old design available, hence why I jumped ship, I guess they got it wrong or something unexpected changed ?

But I do appreciate the work you guys do for nothing, if you find any way of bringing back the old design for new versions that would be great. If not, then a compromise would be to lessen the gap between bookmark toolbar items, and get the old style tab design back.

Thanks all.

Thanks for your kind support.
We will try to do that, but can't guarantee you.
Bring back an old design or your beloved pets will face consequences!
(02-15-2019, 06:00 PM)o12420072@nwytg.net Wrote: Bring back an old design or your beloved pets will face consequences!

You gotta thank the developers of Cent Browser for even working on this browser; not an easy task to work on, given that they're probably doing it on their own time and have a little development group only working on it.
(02-16-2019, 07:51 PM)mc0134 Wrote: You gotta thank the developers of Cent Browser for even working on this browser; not an easy task to work on, given that they're probably doing it on their own time and have a little development group only working on it.

Sadly, some people don't think in those terms. 

And if the poster meant it to be humorous, in a tongue in cheek kind of way, it's not really funny. 

I know a good number of us want the old style design back, but at least the majority have been good enough to ask nicely, to show a little bit of respect, and have expressed thanks for the work that the Cent dev(s) do.
(02-17-2019, 12:35 AM)ChelleFromHell Wrote: And if the poster meant it to be humorous, in a tongue in cheek kind of way, it's not really funny. 

I took it as as pure sarcasm and it was kinda cute/funny. o1 shoulda added a winkie face or stuck tongue out so all would catch the sarcasm. Sometimes it doesn't translate well, maybe.
I don't know about a post from somebody whose username is a temporary self-destructing email :X
Any update on this matter from the devs?
(02-27-2019, 09:22 AM)Ownsin Wrote: Any update on this matter from the devs?

Currently we are upgrading to Chromium 72 and not working on this issue.
(02-27-2019, 04:05 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Currently we are upgrading to Chromium 72 and not working on this issue.

Can we get a beta? =)