Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Cent Browser 2.0.10.57(for Windows) Released
There are lot of cases where left clicking on a link doesn't work in cent!! like pagination links of softwares in cnet download site, links at right sidebar in epaper.prothom-alo.com and a handful of sites... they work perfectly in other chrome base browsers!
also left clicking the links on about page doesn't work...

it's a little inconvenient. please look into this.
(08-28-2016, 10:16 AM)jhnsmith08 Wrote: There are lot of cases where left clicking on a link doesn't work in cent!! like pagination links of softwares in cnet download site, links at right sidebar in epaper.prothom-alo.com and a handful of sites... they work perfectly in other chrome base browsers!
also left clicking the links on about page doesn't work...

it's a little inconvenient. please look into this.

Works well here, please use safemode.bat to launch the browser and check the result.
If things become normal then it is fault of your extensions/plugins.
One issue that I have with only Cent Browser is that I am unable to sign into sites like MSNBC or Syfy. When signing in to these sites you are required to choose your tv provider. I choose DirecTV, put in my email and password and MSNBC or Syfy, says that it is being verified and just goes back to the sign in dialog. This does not happen with any other browser, only Cent. I also have tried running safe.bat and no joy. I have allowed cookies, protected content, etc. Nothing works at all with Cent.
(08-28-2016, 12:16 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Works well here, please use safemode.bat to launch the browser and check the result.
If things become normal then it is fault of your extensions/plugins.

Thanks  a lot...
actually i tried with all the extensions disabled, but it didn't work. later using safemode i found out a rougue new tab extension which neither i remember installing nor i find in the extension lists. perhaps it got installed with a software! i don't know...
but more importantly it was completely invisible, but it was there! it didn't affect slimjet or other chrome base browser but only cent. perhaps the reason is cent identifies itself as chrome! any tips on how to remove these type of rouge invisible extensions completely?
(08-28-2016, 08:15 PM)Deadhead Wrote: One issue that I have with only Cent Browser is that I am unable to sign into sites like MSNBC or Syfy. When signing in to these sites you are required to choose your tv provider. I choose DirecTV, put in my email and password and MSNBC or Syfy, says that it is being verified and just goes back to the sign in dialog. This does not happen with any other browser, only Cent. I also have tried running safe.bat and no joy. I have allowed cookies, protected content, etc. Nothing works at all with Cent.

Have you tried these two sites with Chrome 52?
Maybe a result of Blink version upgrade.
(08-29-2016, 02:40 AM)jhnsmith08 Wrote: Thanks  a lot...
actually i tried with all the extensions disabled, but it didn't work. later using safemode i found out a rougue new tab extension which neither i remember installing nor i find in the extension lists. perhaps it got installed with a software! i don't know...
but more importantly it was completely invisible, but it was there! it didn't affect slimjet or other chrome base browser but only cent. perhaps the reason is cent identifies itself as chrome! any tips on how to remove these type of rouge invisible extensions completely?

Yes, we will load the pre-installed extensions of Chrome(not because we identify Cent as Chrome).
Many software need these extensions to work, e.g.:IDM, eagleget, so it is not suitable to disable them by default.
Here is the registry path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions
You can delete corresponding items if you don't like this behavior.
(08-30-2016, 03:34 PM)CentBrowser Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 08:15 PM)Deadhead Wrote: One issue that I have with only Cent Browser is that I am unable to sign into sites like MSNBC or Syfy. When signing in to these sites you are required to choose your tv provider. I choose DirecTV, put in my email and password and MSNBC or Syfy, says that it is being verified and just goes back to the sign in dialog. This does not happen with any other browser, only Cent. I also have tried running safe.bat and no joy. I have allowed cookies, protected content, etc. Nothing works at all with Cent.

Have you tried these two sites with Chrome 52?
Maybe a result of Blink version upgrade.
I can login to sites like MSNBC with Chrome 52 as well as every other browser I have other than Cent.
(08-30-2016, 04:07 PM)Deadhead Wrote: I can login to sites like MSNBC with Chrome 52 as well as every other browser I have other than Cent.

Sorry because msnbc.com loads very slow here, we took half an hour to finish registration.
Here everything works well.

So I have no idea about what is the problem.
Maybe you can try starting the browser with a fresh User Data, or check your firewall/anti-virus settings.
(08-30-2016, 04:41 PM)CentBrowser Wrote:
(08-30-2016, 04:07 PM)Deadhead Wrote: I can login to sites like MSNBC with Chrome 52 as well as every other browser I have other than Cent.

Sorry because msnbc.com loads very slow here, we took half an hour to finish registration.
Here everything works well.

So I have no idea about what is the problem.
Maybe you can try starting the browser with a fresh User Data, or check your firewall/anti-virus settings.
When I say login to MSNBC I mean the live stream not just the site. You need a cable/satellite provider in order to login there as well as other sites such as Syfy. Try http://www.msnbc.com/now or http://www.syfy.com and login to your cable provider to get the live streams. You can not do it with Cent. I have already tried with no AV or FW.
(08-30-2016, 05:59 PM)Deadhead Wrote: When I say login to MSNBC I mean the live stream not just the site. You need a cable/satellite provider in order to login there as well as other sites such as Syfy. Try http://www.msnbc.com/now or http://www.syfy.com and login to your cable provider to get the live streams. You can not do it with Cent. I have already tried with no AV or FW.

Maybe something related to WidevineCDM module, please go to chrome://components/ and check the version of "Widevine Content Decryption Module".
If it is 0.0.0.0 then you can click the "Check for update" button to upgrade it.