Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cent Browser 2.6.5.52(for Windows) Released
(05-29-2017, 12:33 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: About 50 files were changed in extension_action_redesign removal.
We can add it back, but the obstacle is that Chrome developers are replacing the extension interface chrome.pageAction(which the flag extension_action_redesign relies on) with chrome.browserAction.
So the extension developers will also follow Chrome step and change their extensions.
Once we add it back, it is only useful for old extensions.

I never had any problem with extensions when using the command-line to block MD redesign, everything was at its place.
I'm still using 2.5.6.57 with "--extension-action-redesign=0" and I don't see any problem (so far)...

What kind of problem are you talking about ? Do you know any extension that can show any bad effect with this setup ? (I'm just trying to understand Blush )

I really like CB, but it's hard for me to use software(s) that can't fit my own usage(s) because some developers think they are smarter than us (I'm talking about Chrome/Chromium developers of course, no CB team !). I hope for a miracle for that particular request  Tongue or I'll have to stay with 2.5.6.57 for a very long time...

EDIT : I know I'm overreacting a little bit to a thing that seems so unsignificant...I just tried the latest CB (portable) and even if I will never understand this behavior, I'll have to swallow and digest it (human being doesn't like changes when something is already perfect enough). Maybe I should say to myself : Deal with it ! Smile (at least, I'm happy to see that some extensions can stay hidden, like anti adblock killer...which makes Material Design imperfect, because it was made to show ALL extensions that are installed...then why some of them can stay totally invisible until you go to the extensions panel ?)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cent Browser 2.6.5.49(for Windows) Released - by badablek - 05-30-2017, 09:58 PM