Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cent Browser 1.2.6.19(for Windows) Released
Star 
This version includes some exciting new features, especially the lazy session loading.

Here is the major changes:

1.Upgraded to Chromium 43.0.2357.130
2.Added lazy session loading
3.Added automatic memory optimization
4.Added clear browsing data on exit
5.Added an option for closing last tab behavior
6.Added several privacy related options
7.Added progress bar to the installer

32-bit installer        32-bit portable
64-bit installer        64-bit portable
thank you. Great!

clear browsing data on exit = not working ( Cannot remove URL history )

Webrtc not fully blocking
http://www.browserleaks.com/webrtc

Audio Context true
RTP-based Data Channels true
SCTP-based Data Channels true
(07-02-2015, 06:34 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: This version includes some exciting new features, especially the lazy session loading.

Here is the major changes:

1.Upgraded to Chromium 43.0.2357.130
2.Added lazy session loading
3.Added automatic memory optimization
4.Added clear browsing data on exit
5.Added an option for closing last tab behavior
6.Added several privacy related options
7.Added progress bar to the installer

32-bit installer        32-bit portable
64-bit installer        64-bit portable

Thank you very much for keeping up your promise that you would be introducing 'Auto memory optimization' and 'Auto deletion of History on exit' options.I am really happy now but the option 'Auto memory Optimization' is not effective as i expected.Kindly look into it.It is not minimizing memory to a considerable extent.
Thank you for Enable lazy session loading, check in action.
And it would be great to extend the functionality buttons "restore closed tabs", - so that by clicking the right mouse button, a window with the previously visited pages.
(07-02-2015, 07:56 PM)reactor Wrote: thank you. Great!

clear browsing data on exit = not working ( Cannot remove URL history )

Webrtc not fully blocking
http://www.browserleaks.com/webrtc

Audio Context true
RTP-based Data Channels true
SCTP-based Data Channels true

For question 1, I want to clarify what uncleared is autocomplete URL not history URL.They are similar but not the same things.
It is my mistake that I didn't treat this as a bug.Will fix it in the next version.

For question 2, I have spent half a day to carefully research your concern.And I can assure you that you are 100% safe against webrtc leaks while you checked the "Disable WebRTC" options.
There are more reasons.Firstly the testing page tests audio context and data channels simply by javascript code like this:
var rtc_isAudioContextSupported = !! window.AudioContext || !!window.webkitAudioContext;
var rtc_isScreenCapturingSupported = h && 26 <= m && (u ? !0 : "https:" == location.protocol);
var rtc_isSctpDataChannelsSupported = !! navigator.mozGetUserMedia || h && 25 <= m;
The results are true just means these javascript objects are existed, but not means they can really work.In fact javascript objects can be created at anytime anywhere.

Secondly the audio context and data channels can't work independently, they are part of webrtc and rely on webrtc.If webrtc is disabled, nothing related can actually work.
At last I want to tell you this kind of security warnings may scare the average users, but in most cases things are not that serious.
(07-03-2015, 02:54 PM)Kandra Wrote: Thank you very much for keeping up your promise that you would be introducing 'Auto memory optimization' and 'Auto deletion of History on exit' options.I am really happy now but the option 'Auto memory Optimization' is not effective as i expected.Kindly look into it.It is not minimizing memory to a considerable extent.

Seems we need more research, hope you keep confidence with us.
(07-03-2015, 08:43 PM)Ajzek Wrote: Thank you for Enable lazy session loading, check in action.
And it would be great to extend the functionality buttons "restore closed tabs", - so that by clicking the right mouse button, a window with the previously visited pages.

This function is not so complicated from developer perspective.We can make it in next major version upgrade.
(07-03-2015, 10:28 PM)CentBrowser Wrote:
(07-03-2015, 02:54 PM)Kandra Wrote: Thank you very much for keeping up your promise that you would be introducing 'Auto memory optimization' and 'Auto deletion of History on exit' options.I am really happy now but the option 'Auto memory Optimization' is not effective as i expected.Kindly look into it.It is not minimizing memory to a considerable extent.

Seems we need more research, hope you keep confidence with us.

Dear Sir, Auto memory optimization works well in the case of SLIMJET browser.
That's a great web browser.

i just wondering where your guys come from? If doesn't violate your privacy, please introduce your team a little more.
Honest, we introduce Cent browser in China, but have no idea about who you are.
Smile
(07-04-2015, 05:11 AM)jasonliul Wrote: That's a great web browser.

i just wondering where your guys come from? If doesn't violate your privacy, please introduce your team a little more.
Honest, we introduce Cent browser in China, but have no idea about who you are.
Smile

We are a small team from china.I guess some users have already known it. Smile