Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[BUG] Predictive service in Address bar won't turn off
I've tried clearing my browsing history, cookies, cache, everything to see if that would help the predictive service turn off but it just wont turn off no matter what i try to do, it was working just fine but i got an update and now its broken, i tried turning it off on google's search settings as well and that did not work either, not sure what else to try.
Sorry we removed that feature because it has a bug which is hard to fix.
So the local suggestion(bookmarks, history, etc) can't be disabled.
If you don't want to see your bookmarks/history item in the suggestion list, you can right click on that item to turn off it.
Should we add it back?
(07-24-2017, 05:01 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Sorry we removed that feature because it has a bug which is hard to fix.
So the local suggestion(bookmarks, history, etc) can't be disabled.
If you don't want to see your bookmarks/history item in the suggestion list, you can right click on that item to turn off it.
Should we add it back?

I personally thought it was a very good feature, not sure which bug you are referring to with it but i never seemed to have any issues as far as I know.
(07-24-2017, 05:09 PM)BlackGauntlets Wrote: I personally thought it was a very good feature, not sure which bug you are referring to with it but i never seemed to have any issues as far as I know.

The bug is:
Fill in the location bar with abc and press Ctrl+Enter, the browser will search abc instead of navigating to www.abc.com.
This is because Chromium hardcoded History Provider Suggestion in the codebase.