Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cent Browser has stopped working
Sad 
Hi,

I frequently get "Cent Browser has stopped working" dialog (attached). I noticed on v2.7.4.52 as well as in v2.8.3.34. It doesn't close running browser process however it's annoying to see it pop up every now & then. Anything I can help with to debug this issue. I also tried to disable all extensions & still the issue so apparent it's not caused by any of them.
Thanks for your feedback.
Please check the crash dump directory.
If you use installer version, it should be located at C:\Users\<AccountName>\AppData\Local\CentBrowser\User Data\Crashpad\reports.
If there are recently generated .dmp files, please send them to centbrwforum@gmail.com.
Turns out it was Updater process (centbrowserupdater.exe) process. For the moment I renamed that exe so it won't be invoked. I also disabled auto-update in browser settings. I looked into the Event Viewer for the time error occured but couldn't find anything. Will check in next version may be.
This issue is very important, please help us to investigate.

1. Import the attached wer_dumps.reg to registry.
2. Download http://static.centbrowser.com/beta_32/ce...rtable.exe and use it till this error occurs.
3. Check C:\wer_dumps directory and send us the generated .dmp files.

Thanks for your cooperate.
After our investigation complete, you can delete the registry item
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps

Attached Files
.reg   wer_dumps.reg (Size: 492 bytes / Downloads: 484)
I was not able to upload any dump or leave comment on the forum because of DNS timeout issue with the website. So I emailed the details required. Dan Deng from Cent team helped me & now I see v2.8.3.58 seems to have addressed the error. Thanks!
Glad to hear that.