Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cent Browser 2.9.4.39(for Windows) Released
It turns out that Tampermonkey is causing the pdf plugin to crash.
This isn't a Cent's bug, switching to Violentmonkey solves the problem.
Stable Channel Update 62.0.3202.89
This update includes 2 security fix
(11-06-2017, 08:35 PM)reactor Wrote: Stable Channel Update 62.0.3202.89
This update includes 2 security fix

OK, we will follow up soon.
(10-04-2017, 06:20 PM)thirdleg Wrote: Great job! Thanks for the update.

I have tried the newest 2.9.4.39(64bit) installer version for window 10, unluckily a problem encountered.

As I'm using two monitors, and when I played youtube videos in "a popup window", it works just fine in primary monitor.

But if I dragged the "popup window" to secondary monitor, the "ping time" and "connecting speed" to internet of others tabs will be retarded seriously, and they all responded very slow to any mouse gestures and commands. This problem never happened in 2.8.5.75.

Is there any suggestions to solve it? Thanks.

(11-03-2017, 03:18 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: New beta version arrives:
http://static.centbrowser.com/beta_32/ce...0.4.21.exe
http://static.centbrowser.com/beta_32/ce...rtable.exe
http://static.centbrowser.com/beta_64/ce...21_x64.exe
http://static.centbrowser.com/beta_64/ce...rtable.exe

Great job again! Tried x64 version, the problem I reported on #10 has been solved. 
Look forward to having the stable version soon. Thanks!
(11-08-2017, 08:44 AM)thirdleg Wrote: Great job again! Tried x64 version, the problem I reported on #10 has been solved. 
Look forward to having the stable version soon. Thanks!

Thanks for telling us.
We will release stable version in few days.
Gah looks like the CDN you guys use is having issues again.. Super slow downloads (over an 2hours+ to try and download both 32bit and 64bit version of the new release)
(11-10-2017, 06:35 PM)Journeyover Wrote: Gah looks like the CDN you guys use is having issues again.. Super slow downloads (over an 2hours+ to try and download both 32bit and 64bit version of the new release)

yep. can we contribute in any way to this? money or else?

lets try this

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/zosor...xe.torrent
(11-10-2017, 06:35 PM)Journeyover Wrote: Gah looks like the CDN you guys use is having issues again.. Super slow downloads (over an 2hours+ to try and download both 32bit and 64bit version of the new release)

16 some odd hours later and still having the slowest downloads in the world for both 32bit and 64bit...

We are using CloudFlare free cdn, so it is relatively slow sometimes.
We may look into AWS cloud storage.
(10-04-2017, 06:20 PM)thirdleg Wrote: Great job! Thanks for the update.

I have tried the newest 2.9.4.39(64bit) installer version for window 10, unluckily a problem encountered.

As I'm using two monitors, and when I played youtube videos in "a popup window", it works just fine in primary monitor.

But if I dragged the "popup window" to secondary monitor, the "ping time" and "connecting speed" to internet of others tabs will be retarded seriously, and they all responded very slow to any mouse gestures and commands. This problem never happened in 2.8.5.75.

Is there any suggestions to solve it? Thanks.

(10-05-2017, 11:44 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: Please try disabling hardware acceleration.

Well, good to see the stable version out on schedule as promised. However, I have tried the both version of 3.0(beta and stable) intensively, found that the problem I reported on #10 still existed(I wrongly believed that the beta version of 3.0 eliminated this problem). The solution is just as you suggested, disable hardware acceleration. 

But if I did disabled hardware acceleration, then when I play a 1080p video on Youtube, the usage of CPU will raise rapidly from 10% to 30%; with hardware acceleration ON, the usage of CPU almost remained unchanged. And if the video playing on secondary monitor, the browser will be retarded. 

So sadly, I have to downgraded to 2.8.5.75 again. Which I can turn on the hardware acceleration, and play the HD video on my secondary monitor, the browser still works fine. 

I realized that the "popup video player" of 2.8.5.75 is different from the one used in 2.9 and 3.0. The newer player in 2.9 and 3.0 are more convenient on controlling, but it got the "hardware acceleration" under the circumstances of dual monitors. 

So may I ask if you could release a special version of 2.8.5.75 with the updated chromium kernel version, or an alternative version of 3.0 which occupied the old "popup video player" as 2.8? Cent surely is the best browser I ever used, I really want to stay with it. Thanks again.