Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cent Browser 3.1.5.52(for Windows) Released
(01-21-2018, 07:16 AM)ashqsan Wrote: Isn't it a security issue? Shouldn't it be kept enabled?

BTW, was another version released on 19th of January?

In fact , Chrome 66 also disabled that flags . If it's dangerous , I think Chrome will enable it .But they didn't.
(01-20-2018, 04:00 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: We changed Skia Gamma value to make the rendering close to Firefox.
A lot of people says Firefox renders better.

Just turning off DirectWrite gives the same fonts as in Firefox. When included, they are small and faded somehow, plus some sites fonts others
(01-21-2018, 07:16 AM)ashqsan Wrote: Isn't it a security issue? Shouldn't it be kept enabled?

BTW, was another version released on 19th of January?

Yes, it is recommended to be enabled by Chromium blog.
But for general use, it results in fatal error on some sites.
(01-20-2018, 04:00 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: We changed Skia Gamma value to make the rendering close to Firefox.
A lot of people says Firefox renders better.
Thanks!  I actually like how this new version renders text.  Now I don't need the Font Rendering Enhancer extension anymore.
(01-20-2018, 10:45 AM)Jigsaff Wrote: Very annoying. Can I fix it by myself or only by installing old version?

I have the same problem. With DirectWrite turned off, the text line-height is totally out of whack. Paragraphs look congested, while in web-forms it appears in the wrong place (usually too high up). Please fix this. Everything worked perfectly before the last update.
A good way to loose users it ignore their concerns, don't answer emails, and put a version out that DirectWrite (the principle reason a lot of users use cent) no longer works correctly. The DirectWrite rendering issue at least should be answered by a cent administrator today as to what and when the solution we be done.
(01-21-2018, 04:51 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Yes, it is recommended to be enabled by Chromium blog.
But for general use, it results in fatal error on some sites.

Oh for god sake. Your priorities are completely screwed up. This MAJOR security measure is more important than it having a problem with 'some sites'. I've been using the flags for over a week now and haven't had any fatal errors to speak of. Now I feel stupid because I recommended someone who is not very good with computers to Cent Browser just yesterday, specifically because these flags were set by default.

There's been so many bizarre problems. Updates have slowed to a crawl. The DirectWrite issue wasn't properly addressed despite a long beta period where everyone was saying the fix wasn't working. Not to mention the strange belief that the 64-bit version is unstable so that's why the 32-bit version needs to be the main version (making this the only Chromium-based browser to do that). Now this.

I think I'm done with this browser.
I will defend the authors, they promised to solve the problem of DirectWrite. Little it is what Google screwed in the 63 version. Do not forget that there are only three authors and this is not their main job. Do as they can, and when there is time.
If they promised to resolve the DirectWrite that is great. Would be nice to hear from them though !
(01-22-2018, 04:10 PM)JenN Wrote: I think I'm done with this browser.

Three developers try to make the good browser, there are mistakes, they try to correct them.

Instead of the loyal relation you begin to ache. It isn't pleasant, have left quietly, you don't spoil to developers mood which so not really good.