Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Application Restart #0 in registry [SOLVED]
I first discovered in CCleaner that Cent Browser leaves a registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce :

String Value name = Application Restart #0
Value data = C:\Apps\Cent Browser\chrome.exe  --flag-switches-begin --disable-direct-write --no-pings --disable-touch-adjustment --disable-permission-action-reporting --disable-touch-drag-drop --save-page-as-mhtml --enable-smooth-scrolling --touch-events=disabled --enable-features=enable-password-force-saving --disable-features=AutomaticTabDiscarding,PermissionsBlacklist,SafeSearchUrlReporting --flag-switches-end --restore-last-session

It seems this periodically regenerates despite how many times I delete it.  Is there a reason or need for such registry to even exist for the portable version?  Dodgy

I don't know exactly when this happened as I recently installed Windows 10 on a brand new PC I built.  Not sure if this is with Windows Fall Creators Update or one of the latest Cent Browser versions that's causing this.  BTW I'm using Cent Brwoser Version 3.1.5.52 (Official Build) (64-bit) (portable).
Have You installed any Chrome Apps?
It May be wrote by them.
I haven't installed any new extensions in a long time.  These are the only 3 I have:

Click&Clean 9.0.3.3
Tampermonkey 4.5 (disabled)
uBlock Origin 1.15.2

Developer Mode is enabled, although that was just for Tampermonkey months ago.  I suppose I should disable it.

Edit: Not sure what you mean by Chrome Apps.  Is there a way to check?

Update: I just found out that there are no Chrome Apps installed as per chrome://apps/
I'm quite confident that I found the root cause: Windows 10.  Luckily it's not caused by malware (although considering it's another one of Microsoft's new brilliant ideas in the Fall Creators Update [ver 1709], one would think otherwise Dodgy) .  Issue can be replicated by leaving Cent Browser open, and then restarting.  If Cent or other programs exit before rebooting, then it's fine.  

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7370...-10-a.html:
Quote:Old behavior:
- When you shut down your PC, all apps are closed
- After reboot/restart, you have to re-open any app you'd like to use

New behavior:
- When shutting down your PC, any open apps are "bookmarked" (for lack of a better word)
- After reboot/restart, these apps will re-open automatically

Workaround:
- Shut down all apps before you shut down or restart the PC.
OR
- Shut down from Alt+F4 Shut Down Windows dialog.
OR
- Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials 

Source: Programs autostart after boot in Windows 10 Insider Preview 16257 - Microsoft Community

UPDATE: Starting with Windows 10 build 17040:

Based on your feedback, the feature to restore applications that have registered for application restart after you reboot or shutdown (through power options available on the Start Menu and various other locations) has been set to only occur for users that have enabled “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting my device after an update or restart” in the Privacy section under Sign-in Options Settings.
Thanks for your solution.