Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ctrl+F - Find doesn't seem to work
This has never worked since I started using Cent so I've always had to click the Find entry in the 3 dots menu.
Is this a known bug?
I can use Ctrl+F
(06-01-2018, 03:27 PM)zhtw Wrote: I can use Ctrl+F
Thanks zhtw.
I assume it makes no difference but are you using the Install version or the Portable version?
I'm using the Portable version although I think I'll change to the Install version.

(06-01-2018, 03:38 PM)CBman Wrote: Thanks zhtw.
I assume it makes no difference but are you using the Install version or the Portable version?
I'm using the Portable version although I think I'll change to the Install version.

I've just installed the Install version and Ctrl+F now works so it must be an issue in the portable version.
I'll stick with the Install version.  Smile
(06-01-2018, 03:38 PM)CBman Wrote: Thanks zhtw.

I've just installed the Install version and Ctrl+F now works so it must be an issue in the portable version.
I'll stick with the Install version.  Smile

Ah, having set all my preferences the Ctrl+F didn't work.
I discovered that it was because I have disabled the short-cut keys option.
The Find option isn't specified in the list of short-cuts so I think it should allow Ctrl+F even if the short-cut keys have been disabled.
Or else include the Find option in the list of short-cuts.
(06-01-2018, 05:40 PM)CBman Wrote: Ah, having set all my preferences the Ctrl+F didn't work.
I discovered that it was because I have disabled the short-cut keys option.
The Find option isn't specified in the list of short-cuts so I think it should allow Ctrl+F even if the short-cut keys have been disabled.
Or else include the Find option in the list of short-cuts.

Do you mean we should add an explanation for that option?
No.
Under Settings > Enable shortcut keys there are 38 'items' with a shortcut key e.g. New Tab = Ctrl+T.
But there isn't an item for Find (Ctrl+F).
I have the option Enable shortcut keys disabled which seems to also disable Find Ctrl+F even though Find isn't listed in the 38 items.
So what I'm suggesting is to allow Ctrl+F even if the Enable shortcut keys option is disabled.
(06-02-2018, 11:06 AM)CBman Wrote: No.
Under Settings > Enable shortcut keys there are 38 'items' with a shortcut key e.g. New Tab = Ctrl+T.
But there isn't an item for Find (Ctrl+F).
I have the option Enable shortcut keys disabled which seems to also disable Find Ctrl+F even though Find isn't listed in the 38 items.
So what I'm suggesting is to allow Ctrl+F even if the Enable shortcut keys option is disabled.

Thanks, we will consider your suggestion and look into other browsers.
(06-03-2018, 02:58 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thanks, we will consider your suggestion and look into other browsers.

Thanks CentBrowser.