Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cent Browser 3.5.3.50(for Windows) Released
(09-17-2018, 02:54 PM)DAOWAce Wrote: Yeah.. skipping 68 was a mistake because of the UI redesign in 69.

Not only did this delay the release with the option to change the font rendering (which is now coming to 10-11 months), but now we have to contend with the UI change, and the undoing of said UI change by the developer (if possible), adding even more time before release.  If it can be reverted to the old UI, then awesome, otherwise we're in for another rough ride as companies needlessly change things and force said changes on consumers.

I'm revisiting this thread because of running into some crippling performance issues with certain sites (notably Mega.nz freezing the entire browser), and a small but increasing number of sites telling me to update to a supported browser (still on 3.0.4, aka chrome 62).

I was going to just grit my teeth and bear the switch to 3.5.3, but I reviewed my screenshot comparison and saw that no, it's not just a 'bolder' look, it also seems to have some sort of chromatic aberration effect outlining the text, which looks awful and plays with my eyes.

Had really hoped to see a new version out by now (1 1/2 months later). Sad

Thank you for the work you're doing, though.  I know development of something like a browser is extremely tough work (even if just a fork), but the delays with releases in the last year have gotten quite extreme, so I hope you'll understand us becoming a bit impatient.

Thanks for your suggestion.
We may change something regarding Font Rendering in next version, you may test it then.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cent Browser 3.5.3.50(for Windows) Released - by Admin - 09-17-2018, 03:48 PM