Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bookmarks middle-click
Question 
I have it set so that when I move the cursor to the left hand side of the page the Bookmarks show which works well.
However, nearly all my bookmarks are in folders and there are some folders which I always middle-click to open all the websites at once.
But whenever I middle-click a folder all the bookmarks still show and to hide them I have to click somewhere on a page.
Right-clicking the folder and selecting Open All hides the bookmarks which is what I would expect.
Does anyone know an option to make middle-click do the same as right-click > select Open All?
Thanks.
There is no way to do that for now.
This feature needs improvement, we will make the menu auto close in the future.
As an alternative, you can press Alt key to close menus.
(07-20-2018, 04:58 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: There is no way to do that for now.
This feature needs improvement, we will make the menu auto close in the future.
As an alternative, you can press Alt key to close menus.
Thanks for that.  Left thumb at the ready!
(07-20-2018, 05:14 PM)CBman Wrote: Thanks for that.  Left thumb at the ready!

Bookmarks auto close now in v3.6.8.96.
Thanks very much.
(11-09-2018, 11:37 AM)CBman Wrote: Bookmarks auto close now in v3.6.8.96.
Thanks very much.

You are welcome.
(11-09-2018, 04:00 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: You are welcome.
Give the choice of behavior as before, you did very badly for those who actually use bookmarks
Automatic shelter is necessary for those who have very few of them, and who rarely work with them.
Do I need to go back to the version where they did not hide themselves, or would you make the auto-hide switch?
Before that it was enough to touch the wheel and they were closed, now need to follow the cursor without leaving the field, otherwise they close immediately, and this is extremely inconvenient.
(11-10-2018, 07:14 AM)ClubMember Wrote: Give the choice of behavior as before, you did very badly for those who actually use bookmarks
Automatic shelter is necessary for those who have very few of them, and who rarely work with them.
Do I need to go back to the version where they did not hide themselves, or would you make the auto-hide switch?
Before that it was enough to touch the wheel and they were closed, now need to follow the cursor without leaving the field, otherwise they close immediately, and this is extremely inconvenient.

What about adding an option to set the timeout of auto hide?
(11-10-2018, 04:04 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: What about adding an option to set the timeout of auto hide?

Do as you like, as it is easier for you.
(11-10-2018, 07:14 AM)ClubMember Wrote: Give the choice of behavior as before, you did very badly for those who actually use bookmarks
I don't use the Bookmarks button but I do have many bookmarks in many folders (1045 to be exact!).
I have the bookmarks bar hidden but have the option set to "show bookmarks when mouse hovered(sic) within 2 pixels from the left edge of the browser window for 250 milliseconds".
But it doesn't hide the bookmarks until I've selected a bookmark/folder or the cursor is positioned away from the bookmarks.
So for me it works perfectly.  Smile
(11-13-2018, 08:16 PM)CBman Wrote: So for me it works perfectly.

Because you did not work with them. That was enough to touch the mouse wheel or the keys, and they are closed, do you look at the screen for a long time without moving?
For what it was done, before, after stopping the work with bookmarks, the user went to the page and performed the actions - any actions led to closing the bookmarks.
I have always marked this feature in Cent, now I mark it as incomplete, human laziness pushes the developer to ill-considered decisions.
Insisted on auto-hide - enjoy.