Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prevent automated extension updates
How to prevent or disable automated extension updates in Cent ?
You can append --cb-disable-extensions-auto-update to "Other settings"->"Startup command line".

May I know why you want to disable extension update?
Thanks a lot
a screen filter plugin with bad css ; Super Dark mode

I'd rather has my own css than it, so update destroys all my personal dark appearance..
well never mind, I have right idea lately, just copy plugin and remove it then install it back locally on a folder else than 'default\Extensions'
(08-07-2018, 11:04 PM)Budi Wrote: Thanks a lot
a screen filter plugin with bad css ; Super Dark mode

I'd rather has my own css than it, so update destroys all my personal dark appearance..
well never mind, I have right idea lately, just copy plugin and remove it then install it back locally on a folder else than 'default\Extensions'

You can try our built-in css feature in chrome://settings/cbCustomCss.
--cb-disable-extensions-auto-update
doesn't work
(08-28-2018, 12:32 PM)Budi Wrote: --cb-disable-extensions-auto-update
doesn't work

Do you mean the extensions still update automatically with  this command line?
This command line can only prevent auto update, manual update is not affected.
Dear Admin,

I knew there was not an option in Chromium-based browsers to prevent automatic updating of extensions in the past; so, users were trying to create some compelling and primitive solutions; for example, see the following link:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2765...autoupdate

However, I read the Cent browser's feature you explained above about 2 months ago, I immediately applied it; there are 10 extensions currently installed in it, and now, none of them can update automatically; I am updating them only manually. I appreciate and congratulate Cent Browser developers once again for this reason.

In fact, I was not thinking about adding any post here; but when I saw the accusation made without proof, I could not resist:

"--cb-disable-extensions-auto-update 
doesn't work"

- Well, for which extensions does it not work?
- I do not want to say the extensions I use.
- Well, does your head work right now?
- No comment.

Regards,
Thanks, taba.
By the way, if you always disable extensions update, there may be compatibility issue after the browser updated its Chromium version.
In this case you should think of the extensions.
(08-30-2018, 03:19 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thanks, taba.
By the way, if you always disable extensions update, there may be compatibility issue after the browser updated its Chromium version.
In this case you should think of the extensions.

I always disable auto update of browsers too; so that I prevent any possible incompatibility between old extensions and new browsers. Thanks for your warning anyway.

By the way, I always disable the automatic updates of my operating system and the two software installed on it (MS Office and VMware). All other software I use is portable and their automatic updates are also turned off. And I update my operating system manually up to 3 times a year and immediately back it up.

Regards,
learn : https://www.centbrowser.com/forum/showth...p?tid=2629

I'm exactly the Cent Administrator's interlocutor there