Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Download videos with Cent Browser:
(08-18-2018, 07:37 PM)SpringsTS Wrote: I used to download my videos with https://www.clipconverter.cc, but seems it refuses to download musics now... Maybe combining with Convert2Mp3.net...

OK, thank you.
There is a little issue with that website I mentioned before, I click disconnect and proceed as usual. See attached screenshot for more info.

Attached Files Image(s)

(09-06-2018, 10:50 AM)sx1sajor Wrote: There is a little issue with that website I mentioned before, I click disconnect and proceed as usual. See attached screenshot for more info.

Hi "sx1sajor",

"Cent.exe" that appears in the image you added to the post above is not a file about Cent Browser; most likely a trojan. To be sure, scan "Cent.exe" at virustotal.com! See also the following links:

http://www.fileresearchcenter.com/C/CENT.EXE-10596.html
https://books.google.ro/books?id=nmgK7Kc...xe&f=false
https://news.softpedia.com/news/Trojan-H...3114.shtml

ESET has detected a malware on your computer; but the same ESET could not prevent this malware from infecting your computer.

I recommend that: Install and update a new antivirus on your computer (e.g. BitDefender)! Then run a full system scan (especially in safe mode)!

Greetings,

NOTE: The executable file name of Cent Browser is chrome.exe.
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFO:

The phrase "Company: Dan Deng" that appears in the image above; this means that the name of the company that produces "Cent.exe"  is "Dan Deng".

This phrase was created by the malware maker to trick computer users,  and to convince them this lie: 

"Cent.exe"  is a trusted file that is not harmful, because it was produced by "Dan Deng", who produces Cent Browser, a popular and trusted software...
(09-06-2018, 10:50 AM)sx1sajor Wrote: There is a little issue with that website I mentioned before, I click disconnect and proceed as usual. See attached screenshot for more info.

This is just javascript Adware, the risk is tiny.
You can ignore it.
(09-07-2018, 04:22 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: This is just javascript Adware, the risk is tiny.
You can ignore it.

* First of all, it is extremely wrong to ignore any malware that is found to exist; because malware is malware just like its name.

* Secondly, you wrote "the risk is tiny"; however, it is also very wrong to express your opinion about the size of a risk that is not related to you. Moreover, there is no established production standard for malware; therefore, how harmful they are can not be known without experiencing...

* Thirdly, if a malware can be ignored, at least it is not called malware.

But luckily, you did not write that "ESET's detection is a false positive; ignore it!"; for @sx1sajor, this is a chance...

Now, let's come to the real issue:

ESET has indicated in the warning window above that it detected a malware named "JS / Adware.Agent.AA" on the computer, and you confirm it.

However, ESET has found 2 more things there; but you have not written anything about them:

Application:   D:\Cent\Cent.exe    (That is, ESET says "I found the malware in Cent.exe")
Company    :   Dan Deng                 (That is, ESET says "The Cent.exe file containing the malware was produced by Dan Deng)

Now, the following two questions have arisen in the minds of the members who have read this detections of ESET and your answer:

* Our admin reports that ESET's malware detection is correct by writing "This is just JavaScript Adware". However, the same ESET also makes the following detection: "Cent.exe was produced by Dan Deng". Well, since the name of the person who produces Cent Browser is Dan Deng, are these two people the same person? If they are not the same, why does not our admin making a statement? if they are the same, should we ignore this too?

* Our admin says "You can ignore it" and tells us that a "JS"  type adware is unimportant and does not need to do anything about it. So then, what kind of Adware is important; how do we know that and what do we need to do?

Since this is not a forum for computer security, you do not have to answer the second question;  but the first question concerns you directly (Although my previous two posts can be considered as the answer to this question, the members want to hear the real answer from you).

Regards,

Note: Members who ask questions about computer security disappear immediately after. I witness it twice. Interesting...  Wink
(09-07-2018, 04:22 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: This is just javascript Adware, the risk is tiny.
You can ignore it.

Yes but I wanted to share that just in case if you wanted to use convert2mp3.net/en as a replacement for the current video downloader web site.

(09-08-2018, 07:04 AM)taba Wrote: * First of all, it is extremely wrong to ignore any malware that is found to exist; because malware is malware just like its name.

* Secondly, you wrote "the risk is tiny"; however, it is also very wrong to express your opinion about the size of a risk that is not related to you. Moreover, there is no established production standard for malware; therefore, how harmful they are can not be known without experiencing...

* Thirdly, if a malware can be ignored, at least it is not called malware.

But luckily, you did not write that "ESET's detection is a false positive; ignore it!"; for @sx1sajor, this is a chance...

Now, let's come to the real issue:

ESET has indicated in the warning window above that it detected a malware named "JS / Adware.Agent.AA" on the computer, and you confirm it.

However, ESET has found 2 more things there; but you have not written anything about them:

Application:   D:\Cent\Cent.exe    (That is, ESET says "I found the malware in Cent.exe")
Company    :   Dan Deng                 (That is, ESET says "The Cent.exe file containing the malware was produced by Dan Deng)

Now, the following two questions have arisen in the minds of the members who have read this detections of ESET and your answer:

* Our admin reports that ESET's malware detection is correct by writing "This is just JavaScript Adware". However, the same ESET also makes the following detection: "Cent.exe was produced by Dan Deng". Well, since the name of the person who produces Cent Browser is Dan Deng, are these two people the same person? If they are not the same, why does not our admin making a statement? if they are the same, should we ignore this too?

* Our admin says "You can ignore it" and tells us that a "JS"  type adware is unimportant and does not need to do anything about it. So then, what kind of Adware is important; how do we know that and what do we need to do?

Since this is not a forum for computer security, you do not have to answer the second question;  but the first question concerns you directly (Although my previous two posts can be considered as the answer to this question, the members want to hear the real answer from you).

Regards,

Note: Members who ask questions about computer security disappear immediately after. I witness it twice. Interesting...  Wink

I dunno what you are talking about, the risk is tiny as "CentBrowser" said. I post that as "FYI" only.

FYI: that js is not located in my computer, it's located at "http://convert2mp3.net/en/assets/js/push.js"
The rest info about Cent is irrelevant to this issue. ESET mentioned Cent Browser as the app/process that is trying to access "http://convert2mp3.net/en/assets/js/push.js" but there is no any issue with Cent Browser itself. Plus I'm using the portable release and I renamed chrome.exe to Cent.exe.

"Cent Browser" Administrator knows that but you do not.
(09-08-2018, 10:18 AM)sx1sajor Wrote: Yes but I wanted to share that just in case if you wanted to use convert2mp3.net/en as a replacement for the current video downloader web site.

I dunno what you are talking about, the risk is tiny as "CentBrowser" said. I post that as "FYI" only.

FYI: that js is not located in my computer, it's located at "http://convert2mp3.net/en/assets/js/push.js"
The rest info about Cent is irrelevant to this issue.  ESET mentioned Cent Browser as the app/process that is trying to access "http://convert2mp3.net/en/assets/js/push.js" but there is no any issue with Cent Browser itself.  Plus I'm using the portable release and I renamed chrome.exe to Cent.exe.

"Cent Browser" Administrator knows that but you do not.

@sx1sajor, Now, take a pencil-paper in hand and start taking notes immediately:

* This is not any workplace; a forum where everyone can enter randomly, and I am only a member of this forum, not an employee;
* On this page I started the topic titled "Download videos with Cent Browser"; So, you're writing a message here under my topic. Thereby:

1) Do not write any post here using the abbreviation "FYI"! If the person you are targeting with "FYI" is even another member or Admin, either open a separate topic or send a private message to them! If you continue to write "FYI" here after this warning, you can be sure that I will immediately send you a message saying "F.ck Y.u Id.ot"; because it is not a workplace here, and we are not its employees.

2) In your answer above, you wrote: "JS is not located in my computer, it's located at..."; whereas, I did not ask you any questions like as "Where is JS?"; because I knew you would not know where it was; If you knew, you would not complain here by adding ESET's warning image.

3) "I renamed chrome.exe to Cent.exe. Cent Browser Administrator knows that but you do not." you wrote. We have an proverb like this: "Now that you are trying to go where, I've already gone there; moreover I've already came back."

Now, look at again the first answer I gave you above! Is there any word called "Dan Deng"?
Now look at messages 14 and 16, which are my 2nd and 3rd answers! How many times have I written "Dan Deng"?  Exactly 7 times. Well, do you ever think why I wrote so many "Dan Deng"  in these last two posts?
I also know that you do not know who Dan Deng is, until I write it above, but if you knew it, would you think he might have produced both a browser and a malware?

In conclusion, I recommend you: read carefully what I wrote on this topic again! So, you learn something and from now on you will not have to set up an ignorant sentence like "My computer does not have JS, it is now surfing on the Internet and trying to meet with me ..."

NOTE I) You do not have to answer a question that is asked to you on a site where you are a member; but if you ask a question, you have to follow it and if there is a question against , you have to answer it immediately; it is an important manners rule...

II) In spite of this etiquette, you will appear 3 days after my reply to your message about "JS" and you will write "I renamed chrome.exe to Cent.exe. Cent Browser Administrator knows that but you do not",  moreover, not to apologize in this regard is a great rudeness...