Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
About the portable version
Information 
In order to support automatic upgrade, we finally chose SFX archive as our package format.
With this format, the updater("centbrowserupdater.exe") can simply rename "centbrowser.exe" to "old_centbrowser.exe", and then launch a process by command line such as "self_extractor.exe -s -dC:/CentBrowserPortable" to complete the upgrade.
It is similar to the upgrade process of the installed version, except the installed version uses "setup.exe".

Note that you should not move the "centbrowser.exe" into the module directory(1.2.13.10) if you want to keep auto upgrade working.
Hello admin, i have a question about portable version: can you make update process of portable cent similar as it released in slimjet portable (7-zip self-extracting archive)? It would be much comfortable than it is now, IMHO. Thanks.
...sorry for my english Biggrin
OK.We will use 7-zip to make the self-extractor and show extract dialog when double clicking the installer.
(11-26-2015, 02:51 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: OK.We will use 7-zip to make the self-extractor and show extract dialog when double clicking the installer.
Nice! Thanks & how it will be working?This is what i do with slimjet portable: download the new version of portable, extract it over the old version (in the same folder) & it replace the old files with the new ones, but the user's profile is ok (installer is not touch it & not rewrite it), so we have the new version of browser & unbrocken profile. Can you make something like this in your portable cent? And when we can see this changes? Thanks a lot!
P.S. Hope you understand this my "mess" Biggrin
(11-26-2015, 07:52 AM)slimka Wrote: Nice! Thanks & how it will be working?This is what i do with slimjet portable: download the new version of portable, extract it over the old version (in the same folder) & it replace the old files with the new ones, but the user's profile is ok (installer is not touch it & not rewrite it), so we have the new version of browser & unbrocken profile. Can you make something like this in your portable cent? And when we can see this changes? Thanks a lot!
P.S. Hope you understand this my "mess" Biggrin

In fact there is no much difference between cent portable and slimjet portable. The portable version of cent can update itself, you don't need to download manually.
(11-26-2015, 10:54 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: The portable version of cent can update itself, you don't need to download manually.
And how it is working? Which files need to be in folder to portable cent could update itself?
The executable centbrowserupdater.exe in the version folder(e.g. 1.5.12.28) will check for new portable version periodically.If found new version it will download the new installer, extract and replace it to current folder when the browser exits.So you don't need to do anything by hand.
And user's profile will be unbrocken? If yes, than it's cool! Thanks a lot, man!
(11-27-2015, 06:38 AM)slimka Wrote: And user's profile will be unbrocken? If yes, than it's cool! Thanks a lot, man!

Of course the profile will be untouched.
Awesome! So, how long it takes to make this changes? And, when you change portable installer, autoupdate will work as before?