Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need additional functions and some improvements
Everything is great in this browser except some things:

If you have Favorites bar on the left side of the window it doesnt auto hide on mouseout you need to click outside to hide the panel. That's not good. And also the problem with Favorites bar on the left side is that it sometimes appears if you are working in another program and move mouse to the left edge of the screen! Need to switch to Cent to close it, very annoying. But the favorites bar by itself is great.

Next problem appears if you use a local html page as a home page. When you open a favorite link it replaces the home page and doesnt open in new window, while if you have a website opened it works perfectly and doesnt replace it, opens in a new window. I need my homepage to stay opened when I open a favorite. 

And one more thing  - it would be great to have some kind of preloader to preload browser for more quicker start. I mean the small program to put in startup folder in windows to load with the system. This feature surely must be customizable and optional.

Hope will see this improvement in future updates
Best Regards
Thanks for your feedback.
1.In 3.6 version the left side bookmarks menu can close itself automatically.
2.Though you use a local html, the new tab URL is still chrome://newtab. Our policy is always loading links in new tab. We have to change our policy to fit your needs. You may use middle click for now.
3.You may check these links:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...aadce53464
https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-preload-...he-factory
(10-14-2018, 04:58 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thanks for your feedback.
1.In 3.6 version the left side bookmarks menu can close itself automatically.
2.Though you use a local html, the new tab URL is still chrome://newtab. Our policy is always loading links in new tab. We have to change our policy to fit your needs. You may use middle click for now.
3.You may check these links:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...aadce53464
https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-preload-...he-factory

1.In 3.6 version the left side bookmarks menu can close itself automatically. - Yes I have downloaded the beta version an it has such option, thats great, but if you set timer for 1 msec it still closes in about a second, hope it will work in release version.

2. I think I havent explained what I need properly... I have set for the new tab local html file and when i open a favorite it replaces the new tab page instead of opening favorite url in a new tab.

3. Thanks for the links, the first one might work but it would be great to have native preloader with some kind of lazyload function, e.g. slow loading using about 5% of computer resources....

Hope Cent Browser will always pay an attention to users needs as it does now,
Best Regards
(10-15-2018, 09:52 PM)catz88 Wrote: 1.In 3.6 version the left side bookmarks menu can close itself automatically. - Yes I have downloaded the beta version an it has such option, thats great, but if you set timer for 1 msec it still closes in about a second, hope it will work in release version.

2. I think I havent explained what I need properly... I have set for the new tab local html file and when i open a favorite it replaces the new tab page instead of opening favorite url in a new tab.

3. Thanks for the links, the first one might work but it would be great to have native preloader with some kind of lazyload function, e.g. slow loading using about 5% of computer resources....

Hope Cent Browser will always pay an attention to users needs as it does now,
Best Regards

Thanks for your feedback.
1.OK, we may adjust the behavior according to users' feedback.
2.In stable version links will not replace new tab page if you enable "Force links to open in the background"
3.This feature is good, but it needs auto load on OS boot. It doesn't look like it should be a feature of the browser itself.
(10-17-2018, 04:07 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thanks for your feedback.
1.OK, we may adjust the behavior according to users' feedback.
2.In stable version links will not replace new tab page if you enable "Force links to open in the background"
3.This feature is good, but it needs auto load on OS boot. It doesn't look like it should be a feature of the browser itself.

I have tried to put a shortcut with option start minimized in the starup folder but Cent starts maximized... It doesnt work.
So it would be great to have a setting in the browser - run at startup - as a lot of programs do...and have an icon in the tray.
And also add an option "minimize in system tray" on right click on minimize button... would be very useful
(10-14-2018, 04:58 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: In 3.6 version the left side bookmarks menu can close itself automatically.

need a choice when working with a large number of bookmarks, and now, as soon as the cursor leaves the field - they close, which is very annoying
it would be nice to implement “auto-hide”, as with the bookmarks bar
(10-27-2018, 07:43 AM)ClubMember Wrote: need a choice when working with a large number of bookmarks, and now, as soon as the cursor leaves the field - they close, which is very annoying
it would be nice to implement “auto-hide”, as with the bookmarks bar

Do you mean making the bookmarks move out the screen gradually?
Hello, I have installed 3.68.99 version and it doesnt have the tab shape like in 3.5.8 Please bring it back /     \
(10-31-2018, 06:54 AM)catz88 Wrote: Hello, I have installed 3.68.99 version and it doesnt have the tab shape like in 3.5.8 Please bring it back /     \

please don't tell me that squared them off like google did. personally agree like the angled we currently have, but would settle for having them rounded like firefox can be.

Give Firefox Rounded Tabs
Thumbs Down 
(10-31-2018, 11:43 AM)LeftistDirtBag Wrote: please don't tell me that squared them off like google did. personally agree like the angled we currently have, but would settle for having them rounded like firefox can be.

Give Firefox Rounded Tabs

Yes they removed the angled ones and have squared like in new chromium and quantum firefox....  Dodgy