Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faster bookmarking
Heart 
Dear developers of this wonderful browser and forum users!

I have a long overdue question and I share it with you, in the hope that someone will help me.
As you know, Chromium browsers remember the last corresponding bookmark folder and store all the bookmarks in it. This folder changes on it's own quite frequently. And during bookmarking you have to select the right folder in the drop-down menu very frequently as well (or bookmarks start to turn into a mess). I'm tired of this chromium behaviour, although I have tried to get used to it for many years, honestly.

How to make Cent browser save all new bookmarks to "Other bookmarks" folder by default? Is there any way at all? I want to make my browser save bookmarks as it was in old versions of Firefox - always in the same folder (it was saving all bookmarks to the "Unsorted bookmarks" folder by default). Is it possible to make a specific browser setting "read only" or write some simple plugin? I'm not in the money right now, but I’m ready to present 10 dollars for a solution to any person that could help me. Sad

Thank you for your time!

Attached Files Image(s)

We have quicker way.
Right click on bookmark folder and select "Add page to this folder".
Thanks for the reply!

Thats definetly very useful feature when you want to sort the bookmarks immediately.
And I want to save a lot of bookmarks first. And later, in my free time, arrange them as I need.
Unfortunately, English is not my native language and it is sometimes difficult for me to speak it. Here is a user with the same question (he explains better then I do) I pin the screenshot on the bottom of this message:

I want to clarify that all these years in Firefox, there was a system for quickly saving bookmarks. Bookmarks were Always saved to the same default folder and there was no need to select a folder each time.

In Chrome, it is impossible to specify the default folder to save - instead it is always last used and because of this, if you don’t keep track of where you are saving, the bookmarks end up in different folders and you get a mess.

I have always loved the Firefox system, but in the last update they made Chromium-like bookmark menu. Many users did not like it and questions arose:  How do I change the default save location for bookmarks back to bookmark menu?
Even an extension has already appeared that returns the classic preservation of bookmarks: Default Bookmark Folder (15 000 users already!!! )

I think that unification is bad - this is bad when programs lose their individuality and the developer cuts back on the functionality. Programs are becoming alike. The developers of Google Chrome began to decide for the users how we should use their browser. Fortunately, there are some great enthusiasts like you. You have created the best browser, a browser that surpasses even Google Chrome. I always recommend Your program to any of my friends.

Please, dear developers! Can you help somehow? (By the way I think this feature could attract many firefox users to your browser Smile )

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like there is no native way to do this.
We may need another option.
(10-25-2018, 07:50 PM)ProudCentUser Wrote: Thanks for the reply!

Thats definetly very useful feature when you want to sort the bookmarks immediately.
And I want to save a lot of bookmarks first. And later, in my free time, arrange them as I need.
Unfortunately, English is not my native language and it is sometimes difficult for me to speak it. Here is a user with the same question (he explains better then I do) I pin the screenshot on the bottom of this message:

I want to clarify that all these years in Firefox, there was a system for quickly saving bookmarks. Bookmarks were Always saved to the same default folder and there was no need to select a folder each time.

In Chrome, it is impossible to specify the default folder to save - instead it is always last used and because of this, if you don’t keep track of where you are saving, the bookmarks end up in different folders and you get a mess.

I have always loved the Firefox system, but in the last update they made Chromium-like bookmark menu. Many users did not like it and questions arose:  How do I change the default save location for bookmarks back to bookmark menu?
Even an extension has already appeared that returns the classic preservation of bookmarks: Default Bookmark Folder (15 000 users already!!! )

I think that unification is bad - this is bad when programs lose their individuality and the developer cuts back on the functionality. Programs are becoming alike. The developers of Google Chrome began to decide for the users how we should use their browser. Fortunately, there are some great enthusiasts like you. You have created the best browser, a browser that surpasses even Google Chrome. I always recommend Your program to any of my friends.

Please, dear developers! Can you help somehow? (By the way I think this feature could attract many firefox users to your browser Smile )

i get this too, i kinda hate the fact that chrome chooses the default bookmark location.
(10-25-2018, 04:41 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: We have quicker way.
Right click on bookmark folder and select "Add page to this folder".

I don't want that option, is there any way to remove it?
(12-22-2018, 04:41 PM)patrickdrd Wrote: I don't want that option, is there any way to remove it?

No, why do you want to remove it?
because I've got folders of bookmarks that I right click and press open all in tabs and I had been used to this option being first in chrome
(12-23-2018, 06:22 PM)patrickdrd Wrote: because I've got folders of bookmarks that I right click and press open all in tabs and I had been used to this option being first in chrome

This is indeed an issue.
We may try to improve.
since it is a browser filled with custom settings, maybe you should give users the option to change the ui too