Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security question
Hello! I don’t know if I’m asking the right topic ... Sorry, if not there. Browser security question: are files \User data\Default\Preferences and \User data\Local state personalized? That is, if to paraphrase, do they store any unique random generated information (for example, like cookies) and can a specific browser/PC be tracked on them, or are they impersonal and can be safely copy-pasted between different browser installations on different PCs? Thank you! Smile
No, they can't be used to track you. No unique information is stored.
But some of them are encrypted with Windows credential, so you shouldn't copy them between computers.
To deal with this issue, we released portable version that can be copied between computers.
https://www.centbrowser.com/history.html
Thank you, amazing developer! Heart
cookies transfer don't work in chrome, so I have to maintain (backup/restore) two sets of them for two different computers, do they work in certbrowser portable?
(12-23-2018, 12:56 AM)patrickdrd Wrote: cookies transfer don't work in chrome, so I have to maintain (backup/restore) two sets of them for two different computers, do they work in certbrowser portable?

Yes, portable version can be moved anywhere.