Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what th.... My search engine change after this update
Some search engines such as DuckDuckGo, StartPage and Qwant work on privacy.

Other search engines (Lilo and Ecosia for example) uses your searches to finance environmental projects, and also indicates they don't track your searches.
(12-03-2018, 07:23 PM)SpringsTS Wrote: Some search engines such as DuckDuckGo, StartPage and Qwant work on privacy.

Other search engines (Lilo and Ecosia for example) uses your searches to finance environmental projects, and also indicates they don't track your searches.

Thanks for the info.
Do they really not track?
Have you ever seen any precise advertising there?
(12-05-2018, 04:20 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thanks for the info.
Do they really not track?
Have you ever seen any precise advertising there?

I used Startpage a long time ago, switched to Lilo for 1 year now.

The only ads I saw on Lilo are some advertised search results at the top of the search results, the same manner than Google does. Not always present.
Each time the ads were related to the current search, I never saw them linked to previous searches nor history.

I cannot speak for Ecosia, since I never used it more than rare times.
(12-06-2018, 09:04 PM)SpringsTS Wrote: I used Startpage a long time ago, switched to Lilo for 1 year now.

The only ads I saw on Lilo are some advertised search results at the top of the search results, the same manner than Google does. Not always present.
Each time the ads were related to the current search, I never saw them linked to previous searches nor history.

I cannot speak for Ecosia, since I never used it more than rare times.

Seems Lilo is powered by Bing.
(12-07-2018, 04:22 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Seems Lilo is powered by Bing.

In the settings, you can choose which search engine you want to use, between Lilo itself, Bing and Google.
You can choose separately for Web results, Images and Videos.

Sometimes when a search gives no result, Lilo ask if I want to try to use the Google engine. In this case it also warns me that Google can put cookies and use trackers for this search.

The Privacy policy specifies Lilo does not use personal data when using the site and the search engine.
(12-12-2018, 07:19 PM)SpringsTS Wrote: In the settings, you can choose which search engine you want to use, between Lilo itself, Bing and Google.
You can choose separately for Web results, Images and Videos.

Sometimes when a search gives no result, Lilo ask if I want to try to use the Google engine. In this case it also warns me that Google can put cookies and use trackers for this search.

The Privacy policy specifies Lilo does not use personal data when using the site and the search engine.

Thanks for the info.