Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
disable extension autoupdates?
I noticed that with --cb-disable-extensions-auto-update previous versions of extensions aren't deleted,
so I removed it for now, since it doesn't work propery (extensions are forcibly updated after browser restart)
(04-23-2019, 06:01 AM)patrickdrd Wrote: I noticed that with --cb-disable-extensions-auto-update previous versions of extensions aren't deleted,
so I removed it for now, since it doesn't work propery (extensions are forcibly updated after browser restart)

Can you confirm this issue?
We are sure that it works here.
yes, I can't figure out why it doesn't work properly, but it doesn't, after restarting browser updates sneak in and previous versions aren't deleted
amazing!
I removed the flag --cb-disable-extensions-auto-update and the extensions stopped updating,
this is my startup command line now:
[StartupCommandLine]
enabled=1
switches=--high-dpi-support=1 --force-device-scale-factor=1.0 --renderer-process-limit=3 --media-cache-size=0 --disable-preconnect --dns-prefetch-disable --no-pings --cb-disable-user-statistics
(05-03-2019, 06:52 PM)patrickdrd Wrote: amazing!
I removed the flag --cb-disable-extensions-auto-update and the extensions stopped updating,
this is my startup command line now:
[StartupCommandLine]
enabled=1
switches=--high-dpi-support=1 --force-device-scale-factor=1.0 --renderer-process-limit=3 --media-cache-size=0 --disable-preconnect --dns-prefetch-disable --no-pings --cb-disable-user-statistics

This means "--cb-disable-extensions-auto-update" worked as "--cb-enable-extensions-auto-update" in fact.
But it is not possible according to our investigation.
What statistics do you mean? I see the command for the first time

--cb-disable-user-statistics
(05-04-2019, 03:55 PM)jack Wrote: What statistics do you mean? I see the command for the first time

--cb-disable-user-statistics

Disable the things mentioned by "What data do we collect?" in
https://www.centbrowser.com/privacy.html

But it has no use for now because we haven't yet implemented user metrics report.
I finally solved the problem by converting all my extensions to unpacked,
I can finally have control on whether an extension is updated!
chrome extensions updating system sucks in my opinion because of the above!
as I said before I come from firefox where controlling things such as that was inherent
(05-13-2019, 10:21 AM)patrickdrd Wrote: I finally solved the problem by converting all my extensions to unpacked,
I can finally have control on whether an extension is updated!
chrome extensions updating system sucks in my opinion because of the above!
as I said before I come from firefox where controlling things such as that was inherent

You don't need to do that.
Editing manifest.json and deleting "update_url" is enough.
and how would I update if I did that?