Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What were the original font settings?
Trying to solve a readability problem with one website, I wanted to reset Cent's fonts to their default settings. There is no "return to default" option, and I can't find any information on what they were. (I always change to Calibri and fiddle with size and minimum size, just today finding out if this is why the site isn't readable for me.)

What were the original font settings? I'd rather not reset everything to its defaults if I don't have to. Smile
Do you mean that you have changed the options in chrome://settings/fonts and you want to change back?
Seems there is no simple solution.
You may backup "User Data\Default\Preferences", exit the browser and edit it with Notepad++, delete JSON piece like
"fonts":{......},
This is part of my "User Data\Default\Preferences".
"webkit":{"webprefs":{"default_fixed_font_size":17,"default_font_size":20,"fonts":{"serif":{"Zyyy":"Snap ITC"}}}},"zerosuggest":{"cachedresults":""}}

It should be like this after editing.
"webkit":{"webprefs":{"default_fixed_font_size":17,"default_font_size":20,"zerosuggest":{"cachedresults":""}}
Sorry to drop out straight after asking the question! I'm back now.

(02-13-2019, 03:51 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Do you mean that you have changed the options in chrome://settings/fonts and you want to change back?
Seems there is no simple solution.
You may backup "User Data\Default\Preferences", exit the browser and edit it with Notepad++, delete JSON piece like
"fonts":{......},

Yes, that seems to be what I changed! I went through the menu on the Settings page, but yes that's where it took me.

Your solution would require backing up *before* I made any changes, too late this time. Smile

(02-13-2019, 03:52 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: This is part of my "User Data\Default\Preferences".
"webkit":{"webprefs":{"default_fixed_font_size":17,"default_font_size":20,"fonts":{"serif":{"Zyyy":"Snap ITC"}}}},"zerosuggest":{"cachedresults":""}}

It should be like this after editing.
"webkit":{"webprefs":{"default_fixed_font_size":17,"default_font_size":20,"zerosuggest":{"cachedresults":""}}

Looks like this is what I needed, the font size at least. I also chose Calibri as "standard font" and for sans-serif, which i'm almost certain wasn't the default. With luck changing the size back will do the trick (though you show the default as 17, and mine is set to 16 which isn't a big difference). Thanks though.

I just went into settings with the Alt-S shortcut, I don't usually tinker with things at the code level.
I never changed anything fonts-wise and I have it all at size 16 and the font types go like this (in order, while on chrome://settings/fonts): Time New Roman, Times New Roman, Arial, Consolas.
(02-19-2019, 11:56 PM)Yani84 Wrote: I never changed anything fonts-wise and I have it all at size 16 and the font types go like this (in order, while on chrome://settings/fonts): Time New Roman, Times New Roman, Arial, Consolas.

Thanks @Yani84, that's exactly what I need. Smile
Thanks to @Yani84