Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tampermonkey: origin of this script cannot be determined
hello,
I'm syncing my browser backup at work and I received this message:
tampermonkey the origin of this script cannot be determined maybe because hardware has changed,
how could I avoid that?

is there any setting in tampermonkey I need to change to allow for different hardware configuration or
maybe I shouldn't sync some files/folders?
thanks
Is your browser portable version?
If not please try portable version.
yes, it is
I've run into this too, and it's annoying. I believe it's some sort of extra security measure the TM dev has implemented on his own. Exporting a backup and re-importing it resolves the issue, but it'd be nice if he included a pref to prevent this "feature". At any rate, I don't think it's really a flaw in Cent's portability. If they could circumvent it, that'd also be pretty great though.
(03-02-2019, 01:24 AM)papadoc Wrote: I've run into this too, and it's annoying. I believe it's some sort of extra security measure the TM dev has implemented on his own. Exporting a backup and re-importing it resolves the issue, but it'd be nice if he included a pref to prevent this "feature". At any rate, I don't think it's really a flaw in Cent's portability. If they could circumvent it, that'd also be pretty great though.

Yes, this should be security feature of TM itself.
even though I excluded the folder
\CentBrowserPortable\User Data\*\Local Extension Settings\lkekbnepoojggkmajeekfjpmolgljpbl
(tampermonkey folder)
from sync, I still had issues after today's sync,
my scripts had a strike-through font over them,
like they were deleted or something,
I've posted on their github too:
https://github.com/Tampermonkey/tampermonkey/issues/659
(and I've emailed them too)
but still no answer

so I guess I have to restore from tampermonkey's backup each time,
at least until a solution is found, if it will

edit: oops, I've had a bug there, it should be \Portableapps