Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
automatic tab discarding - please keep
google removed it from chrome 75 and
I'm reading a lot of complaints everywhere that 
chrome is unloading tabs because of this,
which is very annoying,

please keep it if it's possible when we go to version 75
Do yo mean Chrome removed "chrome://flags/#automatic-tab-discarding"?
Definitely we will revert this change.
yes, they removed it, thanks
Ohh I didn't know Chrome had done that (VERY bad decision). Yes, I'll be very thankful if you keep the flag! Discarding tabs does the contrary to what it says, honestly, since then they have to reload. Terrible on slow systems.
(07-06-2019, 12:13 AM)Yani84 Wrote: Ohh I didn't know Chrome had done that (VERY bad decision). Yes, I'll be very thankful if you keep the flag! Discarding tabs does the contrary to what it says, honestly, since then they have to reload. Terrible on slow systems.

I agree, but it may save some RAM.
But do most idle tabs use enough RAM to need that, even when there's no real activity? (I mean, no video, animated ads, etc ). I do know for sure that the reloading of tabs every time I go back to them uses a lot more resources in my computer than what leaving them alone without discarding does. But I'm just curious to know if the automatic tab discarding really makes a positive difference to others.

Either way, I think most will agree that having the chance to -choose- what's best for you is always good.
(07-12-2019, 12:19 AM)Yani84 Wrote: But do most idle tabs use enough RAM to need that, even when there's no real activity? (I mean, no video, animated ads, etc ). I do know for sure that the reloading of tabs every time I go back to them uses a lot more resources in my computer than what leaving them alone without discarding does. But I'm just curious to know if the automatic tab discarding really makes a positive difference to others.

Either way, I think most will agree that having the chance to -choose- what's best for you is always good.

You can unload tabs manually by middle clicking on tab list menu(Alt+X).
"automatic tab discarding" sometimes discards wrong tab.