Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Font rendering bug on google page
Video 
Hi. I'm using nvidia card and I have this issue on Google only web site.
How to fix it? Thank you.

[Image: G2kuS7O.gif]
transform property makes blurry text Sad

Fix using custom CSS:
Code:
/* Google fix blurry text */
#cnt.big {
transform: none !important;
}

[IMAGE CLICKABLE \/]

[Image: V8YWmwY.jpg]

Temp fix: custom css
I also use Nvidia and I don't have any problem with fonts... I think problem with your windows or you just change somthing in flags or font browser settings...
Have you changed chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write?
(10-03-2019, 01:50 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Have you changed chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write?

[Image: aQrvmId.png]

In system properties DirectWrite is disabled but in the browser is enabled. I like crisp fonts (Tahoma, Arial, Terminus) and taking care of my eyesight (like fonts windows XP does).
If I disable DirectWrite in the browser - all fonts become blurry except DevTools. So DirectWrite Enabled working as It should be for me except css transformations - blurry text.

[Image: LqLU631.gif]

(10-02-2019, 12:37 PM)temp123312 Wrote: I also use Nvidia and I don't have any problem with fonts... I think problem with your windows or you just change somthing in flags or font browser settings...

I think you just using DirectWrite system wide + browser with blurry fonts by default. Try to use pixel perfect fonts (Arial, Tahoma, Terminus) without DirectWrite.
(10-04-2019, 03:23 PM)grandsilence Wrote: [Image: aQrvmId.png]

In system properties DirectWrite is disabled but in the browser is enabled. I like crisp fonts (Tahoma, Arial, Terminus) and taking care of my eyesight (like fonts windows XP does).
If I disable DirectWrite in the browser - all fonts become blurry except DevTools. So DirectWrite Enabled working as It should be for me except css transformations - blurry text.

[Image: LqLU631.gif]

I think you just using DirectWrite system wide + browser with blurry fonts by default. Try to use pixel perfect fonts (Arial, Tahoma, Terminus) without DirectWrite.
What about it if you enable DirectWrite in system properties?
(10-05-2019, 03:06 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: What about it if you enable DirectWrite in system properties?

With enabled DirectWrite no any bugs like that. But I don't like blurry font smoothing on FHD resolution and CentBrowser is my favorite because without DirectWrite fonts are crisp (if set font like Arial, Tahoma and etc.)