Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.1.6.137 Paste & Go broken
(12-06-2019, 04:55 PM)papadoc Wrote: I believe it's complicated. You seem to be focusing solely on the fact that it breaks URL navigation. Yes, any setting which breaks URL navigation in a browser is unacceptable IMO, but that's almost besides the point. Not only does it break URL navigation, the setting doesn't even work to begin with. It does not exclude history from suggestions. The setting breaks URL navigation specifically to prevent history from being suggested, which it does not accomplish.

You really do need this type of setting if you wanna allow users to have any control over privacy, but nothing about this setting works correctly.
Well, we will try to fix this issue.
The setting seems to work now, although you have to clear history for any previously stored suggestions to be deleted. All the wonky navigational issues in the omnibox appear to be resolved. Well done!
Aah, not sure why, but history started showing up in suggestions again. That kinda sucks.
(12-29-2019, 08:11 AM)papadoc Wrote: Aah, not sure why, but history started showing up in suggestions again. That kinda sucks.
Is it in 4.1.7.182 version?
Can you record a video to show that?
Sure, here's a screen record. I don't get it either. After updating to 4.1.7.182I ran the same exact test as I do in that recording, multiple times, with zero issues. Like a week later, I noticed that it just quit working for no apparent reason.
(12-29-2019, 10:47 PM)papadoc Wrote: Sure, here's a screen record. I don't get it either. After updating to 4.1.7.182I ran the same exact test as I do in that recording, multiple times, with zero issues. Like a week later, I noticed that it just quit working for no apparent reason.
Thanks for the video.
This is auto-fill feature, not exactly the same as History things.
We will look into it and try disable it.