Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cent Browser 1.3.7.16(for Windows) Released
CentBrowser, hi, i like your browser very much & i wanna ask u this: could u make bookmarks not so high? Bookmarks menu takes too much screen space, especially  when i use it on my laptop.
Here is a screnn with cent browser [Image: 7673500.png]  & this is his competitor [Image: 7728799.png] (same account, same bookmarks) . As u can see cent browser has less pages in bookmark bar & takes much more place in bookmark menu. On my desktop PC i use cent browser (PC has a big screen) & on my laptop i have to use another browser (laptop has smaller screen) but i wanna use cent browser everywhere. Can u help with this problem? Thanks!
P.S. sorry, can't find spoilers to hide pics.
...sorry for my english Biggrin
Thanks for your feedback.
This is because we thickened the menu items of the browser for dandy.You can see the wrench menu of cent browser is also taller than that of chrome.
And this feature affects the bookmark menu.We are considering removing this feature for small screens.
So what is your laptop's screen resolution?(width pixels and height pixels)
(08-16-2015, 02:57 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: This is because we thickened the menu items of the browser for dandy.You can see the wrench menu of cent browser is also taller than that of chrome.
And this feature affects the bookmark menu.We are considering removing this feature for small screens.
So what is your laptop's screen resolution?(width pixels and height pixels)
One of my laptops has 1366*768 & another has 1920*1200 (or something like that).
- The wrench menu of cent browser is also taller than that of chrome - why?
So, how long it will  take to improve the smaller menu or i have to stay on the other browser on my laptops? Thanks.
Because taller menu items are more easy to be clicked, though they occupy bigger place.
Do you agree with this opinion?
(08-16-2015, 04:35 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Do you agree with this opinion?
I'm not so sure. On the desktop pc-yes, not bad idea but on the laptops....because desktop pc's, mostly, has big screens & tall menu not so noticeably. And laptops, almoust all, has much smaller screens. But all of it is only my IMHO & u are the "BOSS", so it's all up to u Shy
P.S. but why u made it taller than that of chrome? It was not good enough (in chrome)?
(08-16-2015, 04:48 PM)slimka Wrote:
(08-16-2015, 04:35 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Do you agree with this opinion?
I'm not so sure. On the desktop pc-yes, not bad idea but on the laptops....because desktop pc's, mostly, has big screens & tall menu not so noticeably. And laptops, almoust all, has much smaller screens. But all of it is only my IMHO & u are the "BOSS", so it's all up to u Shy
P.S. but why u made it taller than that of chrome? It was not good enough (in chrome)?

This browser is made for our users not only for us.So your opinion is important.
Th reason is quite subtle.If you look at the wrench menu of chrome carefully, you will notice that the top and bottom margin of menu item are not the same.
e.g. the menu text is not centered vertically.

So we enlarged the bottom margin for 2 or 3 pixels.
And makes menu become taller.
Thanks for the answers. For me there is 1 way (for now): use cent browser on desktop pc $ some other programm on laptops. I have too many bookmarks & sometimes it's hard to find 1 specific bookmark in a long list of it. But i hope i'll find a way to make them thinner & come back to cent browserSmile
P.S. sorry for my englishSmile
looks good!!!!
(08-16-2015, 05:44 PM)slimka Wrote: Thanks for the answers. For me there is 1 way (for now): use cent browser on desktop pc $ some other programm on laptops. I have too many bookmarks & sometimes it's hard to find 1 specific bookmark in a long list of it. But i hope i'll find a way to make them thinner & come back to cent browserSmile
P.S. sorry for my englishSmile

Well, we roll back to chrome setting.
(08-16-2015, 06:37 PM)oooxo@vivaldi.net Wrote: looks good!!!!

You are welcomed.