Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BETA version -- 4.2.7.116
Automatic updates in the browser will
(03-16-2020, 11:27 AM)valentinochka Wrote: Automatic updates in the browser will
Automatic updates in version 4.2 will work in the release version. But to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2 you will need to download the 4.2 installer and update the browser manually!
Please note that beta versions are not updated automatically.
Версия 4.0.9.112 (Официальная сборка), (32 бит) (portable) (Chromium 74.0.3729.169)
(03-17-2020, 09:05 AM)valentinochka Wrote: Версия 4.0.9.112 (Официальная сборка), (32 бит) (portable) (Chromium 74.0.3729.169)
Just download the latest portable version, unpack and move the "user data" folder from the folder with the old version. That is all.
There's definitely a unicode issue in beta. At least some characters' coloring are unstylable. Same version of Chrome works as expected. I'll attach an easy test to compare in Cent and Chrome.

Attached Files
.html   Unicode Test.html (Size: 695 bytes / Downloads: 452)
(03-18-2020, 03:05 AM)papadoc Wrote: There's definitely a unicode issue in beta. At least some characters' coloring are unstylable. Same version of Chrome works as expected. I'll attach an easy test to compare in Cent and Chrome.
Seems it was a Chromium bug.
Upgrading to "80.0.3987.149" can fix this.
That's not what I saw when testing. Chrome 80.0.3987.132 handled unicode coloring correctly. It has since updated, so I can't recheck as easily. If the minor version bump fixes it, great, but I wouldn't count on that.
I'm having some problems, windows 10 x64 1909:

- (many, not all) Extensions frequently crash at start up with Aw, snap! new tab crashes too.

- Cent seems to be having trouble setting itself as default browser:
If Cent is set as default browser, the whole windows task bar always flashes when Cent starts up. Kinza doesn't have this problem if is is set as default browser (the task bar doesn't flash).

When Kinza is default browser, Cent starts up more normally (the windows taskbar only flashes a little bit).

- Is it just me, or is --cb-compact-ui start up command line not working anymore?

Thanks for your effort, Cent Devs!
False Positive Virus detected. Again!
Last time it was “chrome_proxy.exe”, now it’s “screenshot.exe”: VirusTotal
(03-21-2020, 08:50 AM)Gordian Knot Wrote: False Positive Virus detected. Again!
Last time it was “chrome_proxy.exe”, now it’s “screenshot.exe”: VirusTotal

We ask everyone to send complaints to anti-virus laboratories about a false positive.