Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.2.9.152: Flash Player and Login AutoFill not working like before
(04-26-2020, 12:47 PM)soyabeaner Wrote: Even on the latest  4.2.10.171 it works for me on my work PC.    downloaded and installed the latest Flash Player from http://static.centbrowser.com/FlashPlayerStandalone/, renamed the .dll file to pepflashplayer.dll, then moved pepflashplayer.dll and manifest.json to ....\Cent Browser\User Data\PepperFlash folder. Flash Player can be uninstalled afterwards.
The question is not what does not work, but that now you must install the flash player on your computer. For a portable portable version, this is bullshit.
The only way I know how is to install first it. This is how it's always worked for me. How else have you been able to get the extracted files from the Flash Player setup anyway?
(04-26-2020, 07:34 PM)soyabeaner Wrote: The only way I know how is to install first it. This is how it's always worked for me. How else have you been able to get the extracted files from the Flash Player setup anyway?
Just unzip and move the extracted manifest and dll files to the right folder. But this will not work, you need to install a flash player.
I tried that before with 7-Zip, but wasn't able to find the files that way. It seemed like Adobe encrypted their setup files or something. Unless it's now possible?
(04-27-2020, 12:21 PM)soyabeaner Wrote: I tried that before with 7-Zip, but wasn't able to find the files that way. It seemed like Adobe encrypted their setup files or something. Unless it's now possible?
Didn't see a problem with that. It's pretty easy to get them. Moreover, they can be found separately on the network already unpacked.
You may download Flash files here:
http://effect8.ru/upload.ee/files/114786...0_0_363.7z

You need to rename them to "manifest.json" and "pepflashplayer.dll", and put them into "User Data\PepperFlash" directory.
The file I've been trying to extract is the official Adobe setup file like ppapi_32.0.0.363.exe, but 7-Zip is unable to find those 2 files, let alone extract them:

I still don't know where you two found these extractable files, but no matter because the one I downloaded from CentBrowser administrator on that effect8.ru link works for me. On my home PC where Cent has always been portable without Flash Player installed*, the 32-bit version worked for me. I just created a new PepperFlash folder (C:\Apps\Cent Browser\User Data\PepperFlash), extracted manifest.json and pepflashplayer32_32_0_0_363.dll (renamed to pepflashplayer.dll), moved them to the folder, ensured that it's set to "Ask first" at chrome://settings/content/flash?search=flash, restarted Cent, and it work states it's enabled in chrome://version/

*I just remembered that since I'm on Windows 10, Flash Player 32-Bit is already pre-installed by Microsoft, but as far as I know this is only for Internet Explorer. So it's irrelevant anyway, but I'd to point it out that it cannot be uninstalled.
(04-27-2020, 05:57 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: You may download Flash files here:

You need to rename them to "manifest.json" and "pepflashplayer.dll", and put them into "User Data\PepperFlash" directory.
That's good. But without installing the flash player, it still won't work.
(04-27-2020, 11:10 PM)soyabeaner Wrote: The file I've been trying to extract is the official Adobe setup file like ppapi_32.0.0.363.exe, but 7-Zip is unable to find those 2 files, let alone extract them:

I still don't know where you two found these extractable files, but no matter because the one I downloaded from CentBrowser administrator on that effect8.ru link works for me. On my home PC where Cent has always been portable without Flash Player installed*, the 32-bit version worked for me. I just created a new PepperFlash folder (C:\Apps\Cent Browser\User Data\PepperFlash), extracted manifest.json and pepflashplayer32_32_0_0_363.dll (renamed to pepflashplayer.dll), moved them to the folder, ensured that it's set to "Ask first" at chrome://settings/content/flash?search=flash, restarted Cent, and it work states it's enabled in chrome://version/

*I just remembered that since I'm on Windows 10, Flash Player 32-Bit is already pre-installed by Microsoft, but as far as I know this is only for Internet Explorer. So it's irrelevant anyway, but I'd to point it out that it cannot be uninstalled.
Yes, the pre-installed Flash in Windows is ActiveX version.
(04-28-2020, 06:55 AM)mayford Wrote: That's good. But without installing the flash player, it still won't work.
Maybe you have mistaken 32-bit and 64-bit Flash plugins?
64-bit browser uses 64-bit plugins, and 32-bit uses 32-bit plugin.