Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reasons For Portable Version Not To Launch?
Cent portable works just fine on my 3 yr old Lenovo P51 with ancient Windows v. 1706 however when downloaded and extracted and run as admin on my newer Lenovo E480 win ver 1803 cent will not launch. Zilch. Any suggestions on why? If I can avoid I would rather stick with the portable version. TIA.
Where did you extract the portable installer to?
Maybe you can extract to another location(for example D:\Software\), or try running the browser with safemode.bat
If it can be launched by safemode.bat, then it is fault of hardware acceleration.
(06-05-2020, 03:55 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Where did you extract the portable installer to?
Maybe you can extract to another location(for example D:\Software\), or try running the browser with safemode.bat
If it can be launched by safemode.bat, then it is fault of hardware acceleration.
Thanks for responding.

>Where did you extract the portable installer to?

I copied the installer from C Downloads to C Programs. C Programs is where I keep all of my portable applications. I then proceeded to install the portable program into the same folder C Programs. It extracted into a folder called 4.2.10.171. Inside of that folder I tried launching the application centbrowserupdater.exe and nothing happens. I also tried installing the portable application in the root C drive. Same results.

>or try running the browser with safemode.bat

I do not see the file or app safemode.bat in the directory. See attached picture. Thank you.

Attached Files Image(s)

When you unpack an archive with a portable version of the browser, the folder should contain the contents as shown in the screenshot below.

[Image: 2020-06-06_125418.1591437348.png]

Most likely Your error is that running the downloaded installer (self-extracting archive) You unpack the archive to the same folder where it was downloaded and just ignore all the unpacked files paying attention only to the folder 4.2.10.171.

Before unpacking, create a new folder (with any name) and select it when you start the installation (unpacking) .
[Image: 2020-06-06_130610.1591438049.png]
(06-06-2020, 10:08 AM)Дмитрий Сакович Wrote: When you unpack an archive with a portable version of the browser, the folder should contain the contents as shown in the screenshot below.

[Image: 2020-06-06_125418.1591437348.png]

Most likely Your error is that running the downloaded installer (self-extracting archive) You unpack the archive to the same folder where it was downloaded and just ignore all the unpacked files paying attention only to the folder 4.2.10.171.

Before unpacking, create a new folder (with any name) and select it when you start the installation (unpacking) .
[Image: 2020-06-06_130610.1591438049.png]

>Most likely Your error is that running the downloaded installer (self-extracting archive) You unpack the archive to the same folder where it was downloaded and just ignore all the unpacked files paying attention only to the folder 4.2.10.171. 

Thanks so much! That was exactly what I was doing and I couldn't tell you why I was doing installing like that. Works now. Thanks again.