Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BETA version -- 4.3.9.182
(11-13-2020, 10:31 PM)soyabeaner Wrote: I remember when it first happened, I had to restart Cent many times, so this workaround solution is unreliable.

I have a theory and it's working so far, it has to do with Sync. I used the Google Sync feature in the settings menu where you sign into a Google account and it automatically transfers all your bookmarks/extensions/history, etc... I think when it transferred the browser 'settings' from Chrome, there's some kind of compatibility bug or conflict with Chromium's 'Auto-scroll' feature. I noticed earlier that this setting was grayed out while stuck on, with no way to turn it off, and that made me think that it could be the problem.

So, I went into the Sync settings, Manage Sync, toggled Sync 'Everything' off, toggled off sync 'Settings', ran the sync and everything seems to work for now.
I'm afraid it's nothing to do with sync for me. I always ensure anything to do with sync is turned off, even all things related to syncing within Windows 10. It doesn't helps that this occurs randomly, so unable to narrow down the cause.
(11-14-2020, 12:51 AM)soyabeaner Wrote: I'm afraid it's nothing to do with sync for me. I always ensure anything to do with sync is turned off, even all things related to syncing within Windows 10.  It doesn't helps that this occurs randomly, so unable to narrow down the cause.

Hmm, I think I'm on to something... I went back to my 'Auto-scrolling' toggle which was still stuck on and grayed out, then under it is the next option 'Paste on middle click' which I then toggled off (originally on)...
this caused the 'Auto-scroll' toggle to become active and auto-scrolling has now started working.
My Paste on middle click is one of the settings I turned off a while ago, so again this won't be the cause. My Auto scrolling option has never been stuck in any mode either. In any event, this problem has happens less often than not. It's not like the other issue with auto-scrolling being jumpy with this beta version.
my autoscrolling works - but it works with unpleasant jerks! On STABLE version - 4.2.10.171 - there were no such jerks - and everything was smooth!
see video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nCVYeIX...sp=sharing
What I like about this beta is using Google Translate on webpages no longer eats as much CPU compared to the last stable version. However, why is there still higher than normal CPU usage whenever a webpage is translated vs not using it? You'd think once it's done it would stop.
The autoscrolling has no problem when scrolling on a steady speed. But the problem occur when there is change in scrolling speed and direction. The problem is more apparent when increase the scrolling speed slowly. However you can't see the problem if the increase/decrease in scrolling speed is too fast/slow. The problem is apparent on some webpages and less apparent on others. You can see this on some manga websites, for example,
https://mangasum.com
https://komiraw.com
-------------------------------------
MX Arrow SJ Arrow CentBrowser 
Hello to everyone,

My auto scroll function hasn't been working properly for a while; As if that wasn't enough, now the browser's auto scrolling function has become unstable.

For these reasons, I have ceased to use the internet and will almost die of sadness. Hearing this, my father warned me in my dream last night:

"Do not try to die these days! The weather is very cold here; the house I live in is very narrow and not hot. I will send you a message when I buy a larger and comfortable house; if you are going to die, then die!"

That's the case, dear members. Please find a solution to this problem; I do not want to die! (I'll give 10 reputation points to the Solver; thanks in advance)

Best regards,
Auto-scroll works fine for me.
It does become jerky if you change the speed while it's in auto-mode!

Try:

[img][Image: zXotswb.png][/img]
quick question: is Incognito mode crashing a known bug?