Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unload Tab command to tab's context menu.
Just as thread names says, would be very handy to have this command in context menu of tabs, so user can easily unload any tab. Currently i'm aware about only one way to unload tab = "middle-click in all tabs drop-down menu", but it's very difficult to use say on laptop without mouse.
This menu already becomes too long.
You can add a bookmark item "chrome://kill/" or "chrome://crash/", and click it when you wan to unload tab.
(08-25-2022, 02:26 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: This menu already becomes too long.
You can add a bookmark item "chrome://kill/" or "chrome://crash/", and click it when you wan to unload tab.
Well, it becomes long 'cause there some seldom used actions added, like "generate qr-code"(which at the same time has url bar button for very same action) or "disable mouse gestures on this site".
The proposed solution is not good, it kills/crashes whole "tree of branches". If i open few pages of this forum and use these commands on any tab - it will kill all tabs of this forum = obviously not what middle click in all tabs menu does.

BTW i have another proposition. Why middle-click and double-left-click both close the tab?! As users are used to opening new links via middle-click(well, those with mouse) so closing with middle is natural, then how about giving an option to "double-click for hibernate tab"?
(08-29-2022, 07:56 AM)rey Wrote: Well, it becomes long 'cause there some seldom used actions added, like "generate qr-code"(which at the same time has url bar button for very same action) or "disable mouse gestures on this site".
The proposed solution is not good, it kills/crashes whole "tree of branches". If i open few pages of this forum and use these commands on any tab - it will kill all tabs of this forum = obviously not what middle click in all tabs menu does.

BTW i have another proposition. Why middle-click and double-left-click both close the tab?! As users are used to opening new links via middle-click(well, those with mouse) so closing with middle is natural, then how about giving an option to "double-click for hibernate tab"?
We may need drop down options for "double-click" too, as same as "middle-click".
For now you may try this extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...emagpecfol
Or the "Purge memory" feature in chrome://settings/cbOptimization
(08-30-2022, 04:09 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: We may need drop down options for "double-click" too, as same as "middle-click".
For now you may try this extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...emagpecfol
Drop-down for that would be neat too, 'cause it's always good to customize.!
Thank you for extension proposition, but it has some inconveniences, so i hope devs will consider enhancing already provided own feature.
(09-03-2022, 11:32 AM)rey Wrote: Drop-down for that would be neat too, 'cause it's always good to customize.!
Thank you for extension proposition, but it has some inconveniences,  so i hope devs will consider enhancing already provided own feature.
We will make this change in 5.1 version.